OBS Denali 1/4 panel subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
83 Bimmer

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm sold!! :) Can you post up the specs of the box? Dimensions and such if you have them.

um...yeah...about that :uhoh2:

all I did was make cardboard templates for the front half of the box, masked off the entire inside of the quarter panel, placed the front half of the box against the quarter panel and fiberglassed the entire back half through the speaker hole. Did that so it would conform to the curves of the quarter panel so i could get the most cubic feet possible.

So i don't have any real dimensions

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Nope, it's sealed. I prefer sealed for quicker response. I was looking at shallower subs for under the seat previously but i kept on coming back to JL. I've used their product in the past and have always been blown away by the quality

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Glad. Sealed is more accurate.

OP
OP
83 Bimmer

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I think I saw yours when I was looking into doing mine. The amp rack was a good idea. I just went with trying to keep most of it hidden and going for a factory type of look

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I think your woodworking skills are a bit better then mine though haha

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both look really good... But I understand the factory look, I like my mods to look as factory as possible... At the same it keeps thieves at bay...

OP
OP
83 Bimmer

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha right! just wrap it in carpet and nobody knows. I just got done revisiting my enclosure too, after listening to it for a while I wasn't quite happy with the sound of the fiberglassed enclosure, this is what I just finished today. Built it exactly to the specs I found on JL's website for a sealed enclosure, sounds even better now.

and that console looks awesome, great job with that

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
83 Bimmer

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great man!

Thanks!

Now after the double din kenwood, the JL 4 Channel in the center console, and the 8 hertz speakers, it's really sounding good. I'm still amazed what that JL 10in sub can do

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
This is what our like to do for my aidiobahns, I designed boxes to fit over the wheel wells but sure to the necessary size requirements for my subs the are going to be larger than I'd like. There are designs for a smaller sealed, larger sealed, and a ported version2e8ynu7y.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans