OBS Denali 1/4 panel subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed a sub in my left rear quarter panel where the Jack is normally mounted. Going to mount the Jack under the driver's rest seat.

Used a JL 10W3 10" woofer with a JL JX-250 mono amp

Made the front and sides of the enclosure from 1/2" MDF and used fiberglass for the back so I could get as much cubic feet as possible. Was my first time using fiberglass but I was very happy with the total outcome.

I took the input for the amp straight from the back of the radio instead of after the factory amp so I could get a cleaner signal, I believe I tapped into the RF channel. Also installed a remote gain control knob right behind the cupholder in the center console.

I used the power supply for the right rear window switch for the remote signal, tapped into the wiring inside the B pillar. Did this for two reasons, the power is ignition switched and I can turn off the amp via the rear window lock out in the master switch.

Here's a few pictures
ju5ary2y.jpg
ysuzety3.jpg
ydupuvag.jpg
9erasaje.jpg
ymy4ane3.jpg
ebyru2e3.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good!!!

OP
OP
83 Bimmer

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to ask why you did not consider the sub being put under the rear seat? Need the space there or something?

Not nearly enough room under the seat, only a total of 6 inches under the seat, not enough for a good sub. Mounting depth of my sub is 6 in plus at least 1 in for wood plus it needs room on top to move

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Oh, I put this under my rear seat and it was setup up for dual 10" sealed type down-fire subs. But the polk MM1040's in it require a minimum of 4.5 for top mount and I think that is what the available space for internal clearance was and it met the cubic displacement requirements. Absolutely no complaints from me on sound quality of the setup except that the vehicle itself buzz's to much at times if I turn the the bass up midway thru the head unit control. I assume you went for a somewhat ported enclosure from the look of the size of that thing.

OP
OP
83 Bimmer

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, it's sealed. I prefer sealed for quicker response. I was looking at shallower subs for under the seat previously but i kept on coming back to JL. I've used their product in the past and have always been blown away by the quality

99_Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm sold!! :) Can you post up the specs of the box? Dimensions and such if you have them.