OBDII chip in 2010 SSV 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiniVini41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a 2013 Yukon 4x4 SLT 108,000 miles on Monday for the wife and baby and future babies… just bought the chip, cuz y’all made it sounds good and for $75. I’ll post my reviews here in the coming weeks. Mpg and drivability. Truck is stock

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2013 Yukon 4x4 SLT 108,000 miles on Monday for the wife and baby and future babies… just bought the chip, cuz y’all made it sounds good and for $75. I’ll post my reviews here in the coming weeks. Mpg and drivability. Truck is stock
should be sufficient for most people, you might or might not notice any difference, for a little more you can get a canned tuner that allows adjustments and does not have to remain plugged in. you can get even better results from a tune from places like blackbear but that's a bit more costly.

OP
OP
PBR Street Gang

PBR Street Gang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
completely depends on what the limiter was set for, with the limiter turned off completely they all pretty much top out at 136-137 (civilian/ppv/ssv long or short wheel base, 2wd/4wd/awd doesn't matter) for the 5.3's, 6.2's will go a smidge more I have had mine up to 143 and it still had a little more. my old 5.3 would hit 137 and that was all she had at that point there was nothing more because of aerodynamics & weight
built engines, forced induction may have further gains.
Thanks - that's good information.

OP
OP
PBR Street Gang

PBR Street Gang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope it does the same for you it did for mine.

MiniVini41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
should be sufficient for most people, you might or might not notice any difference, for a little more you can get a canned tuner that allows adjustments and does not have to remain plugged in. you can get even better results from a tune from places like blackbear but that's a bit more costly.
I’ve got some plans for this truck but definitely want it to simply pass smog, here in Cali. In time ported polished TB, 4” intake tube(interior sound for my own serenity) ported polished oem throttle body, iridium spark plugs and cat back. Then when I need to smog unplug the chip and swap back in the stock intake tube +/-10mins. I drive a 3.7 Colorado that I went down the rabbit hole on mods. I won’t can’t pass smog in Cali but with all the bolt on mods including long tube catless exhaust 91oct dyno tune 262hp/tq at the wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC