OBD1 to OBD2 conversion? Is it possible? What would it take?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it back, and run away fast!!!!!!!!! This has BAD written all over it!!!!

OP
OP
bobttroll

bobttroll

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the truck from a private party. I don't think giving it back is going to be easy. I am going to think things over on this. Where are the vin locations again?

The one on the door is missing. I see the one on the dash and it matches my title.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
door one is missing? you will find another with the rpo codes in the glove box just look around inside for it. if both are missing dont wait around go to the cops, if there is a mismatch. get me the second one so i can check it please.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

btw you ever run a carfax on the one you have in the window or reg card?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
From full size chevy there should be a vin on the right rear upper frame rail thatyou can only see if you remove the box and all of the undercoating. But i dont know if it will be the same as the vin or not theu were talking about them being different but imo go and force the po to get you the money and involve the cops if you have to they can find out if its stolen or not. Too sketchy

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

By any chance did you get it for dirt cheap? If so then yea theres something way to sketchy and im gonna go with my theorys that its stolen or vin got swapped because they had a tittle loan. Check the vin to even see if they have the right color

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall the vin being stamped into my firewall on the passengers side when I tore that stuff out to run amp cable ... The door one is just a sticker, so is the one in the glove box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n