Not sure this is going to work out (considering selling after 3 weeks)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all about personal preference and comfort.

I'm in a totally different mindset and love new tech. I don't have a great track record of keeping cars/trucks longer than 5 years anyway so I opted for a 6 year extended bumper to bumper to cover my concerns. My '22 Yukon is by far the most comfortable GM vehicle I've owned and it's a close race for ride quality with our 2003 Cadillac DeVille.

I inherited my late father's 1994 GMC Suburban K1500 that I drove full time in HS/College and I really dislike the way it drives. Turning radius is atrocious, fuel economy is terrible as well. I also have his 2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer that I was never comfortable in. I'm a bigger (read: fat) guy and just never had a good driving experience in. The quadrasteer is amazing and I'm upset it's taken GM this long to bring it back (it's on the '24 Silverado EV). Besides the memories I've had in those trucks, I dislike them both.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I hear ya. I still miss my 2013 Suburban. I cant see going forward into the future with Gm and having Google in my car and tracking everything. I understand its damn near impossible to prevent most of this tracking these days, but Google is the worst. Agreeing to it, I just cant see doing. I just cant see where GM makes that decision for me?? I bridge too far, and I have been a GM man my entire life. Yep, I am an Apple guy and they are a bit better about privacy, but telling me to be Google is like telling a Republican to become a Democrat just for the privlige to buy your car. It should be an option. Everything runs through that head unit.

For the record and personal experience.........There are no good decisions during a divorce or up to 2 years after. No decision made during that time would you make again 3 yrs later. Put off important decisions till the dust clears. Best of luck

Got Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TMH,
I know how you feel. I bought a 2022 Wagoneer Monday $96K out the door. Took it back and returned it on Friday. Now I do not think about all the things I was living with in the vehicle that I did not like.
I am Tahoe Spoiled. I have had 96, 99, the 99 was mint, 99K miles and sold to a friend about 2 1/2 years ago. I tried to buy it back last month. He gave it to his dad in another state. I miss that 99 more than all the Tahoe that I have owned. 2001 sold, 2004 sold, 2005 sold, another 2005 LT 43K miles still have, 2008 LTz still have with 17 K miles, 2009 LTZ still have with 32K miles and the wife drives a 2019 Premier 3K miles.
I enjoyed many cars over the years, many years, 1958 Impala, my 1970's Vega, and sad about my 1989 El Camino SS in black with Grey interior, sold it in 1996 with 32K miles in mint condition.
I guess when not happy with a vehicle just move on.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that’s why I was willing to pull the trigger without ever being inside one. I felt it was low risk. Between myself and my folks have have every at least one of every gen from the GMT400 so I know what I like and what I don’t.

I miss my 2004 badly. I got this mainly because I’m getting divorced and my kids wanted a nicer car to get dropped off at car line in.

I have 3 hot rods already and just need a beater to get me around. I will never find $72k of enjoyment out of a vehicle that’s more computer than mechanical machine.

I can’t figure out how to access the settings in infotainment yesterday I tried to see if decent assist was on so I would not have to hit the gas to roll downhill but can’t figure it out. I’ll try again, but I am not sure I care at this point either. It’s kind of stuck in my head.
I love my 01 Tahoe as well, best vehicle I have ever had. For the cost & reliability these days there was no way I could possibly afford a new Tahoe so I went with a 2022 4 runner sr5 premium which seems to be as close to my old Tahoe I could get (body actually looking like a suv, solid rear end, body on frame). 3.73 gears and a 5 speed transmission. As old and outdated as you can get these days. It does have some stupid safety features but not to the extent of some manufacturers these days. Drives like a 2001 blazer to me. I kept the Tahoe because well, they don’t make them like they used to and at 201,000 miles it’s smooth as silk & still reliable just getting a little rusty here in NY and little odd things going bad. 2023 the 4 runner is supposed to be changed so I snagged one in hopes of keeping for 30 years.

Reddevil96

Reaction score
The RPM hanging thing is the Performance shift algorithm that is automatic when aggressively driving. it basically holds a gear even after letting off instead of up shifting, and will automatically disable after 10-15 of non-aggressive driving.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a programmer for it and it will change how the transmission shifts. I used a Diablo with e Lew Tune but I know a sponsor hear Black Bear also offers them.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RPM hanging thing is the Performance shift algorithm that is automatic when aggressively driving. it basically holds a gear even after letting off instead of up shifting, and will automatically disable after 10-15 of non-aggressive driving.
This can be programmed out if you want. Need to talk to a tuner about it.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a reason I've put what most would consider to be stupid money into my 2008 and 2013. They may get terrible fuel mileage compared to the newer ones but there's so much less stuff to break and be annoying and they ride better.
My 2010 Tahoe getts better mpg's than the new ones. 21 vs 19 on the Hwy. I've seen 22.5 mpg if I keep it at 70.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, $5000 tax.
If the people in charge want to help the economy kill the sales tax for a while.
Makes moving to New Hampshire for a bit look very attractive.

peyc2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had my 2022 suburban rst 6.2 for 3 weeks and 1400 miles It’s very nice and I want to like this truck but then I drove my ‘98 today for the first time since I got it and now I have a problem.

I can’t really deal with the way the computer and the transmission interface, primarily. When I floor it for a second and take my foot off the gas, it holds at 4 then 3k rpm for what feels like 5 seconds plus. I don’t need 10 gears and a computer playing with them. And all of the chimes. Or the auto stop or collision warning, automatic e brake etc. all of the things I was afraid I could not get used to, I can’t seem to get used to.

I think the computers are too much for me and I want a clean 1999 suburban with 100k miles or less and my cash back. If you want to buy it PM me I am considering my options. It’s gray the color is great.
you can kill the auto stop start, a device is sold to get rid of it I did
as for the auto parking brake, you can turn that off as well.

the transmission, maybe they have to reset it, to "relearn" your driving pattern. If you "floor" it a lot, then its going to hold gears on you.
you also can change the mode to sport, normal, or off road/trailering, do you have them max trailering package?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts