no more lease sales to Carvana or anyone other than GM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I can literally step out on the street in front of my office and look a 1/4 block up at a Chevy/Cadillac/Honda dealer and there lot is usually packed but now look only about 1/2 full or or 2/3 full. Still lots of vehicles there but not so many trucks or SUV's.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

”To get around the new restrictions, a lessee would have to buy out the lease, take ownership of the vehicle themselves and then sell it to whomever they want.”

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

”To get around the new restrictions, a lessee would have to buy out the lease, take ownership of the vehicle themselves and then sell it to whomever they want.”
This right here!! ^^^^ Correct, you can buy it and then sell to Carvana. They are doing this to put a hurdle in the way so as stated they can get the lease return. So its technically not as easy as it was but still possible. Buy it, pay for instant title, sell. Most people will not go through the trouble or dont have the money they figure.

RLC2020

Reaction score
I did this with my Ram 1500 last fall. I had to "buy" the truck from FCA and then immediately sold it to the dealership. The wrote me a check for the value over the lease and I walked away. I was only halfway through and still cleared a few grand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman