Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anspaughj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went through many threads to make sure I wasn’t missing this already and only found one thing similar to my problem, but was hoping I could get more insight.

I have a ‘22 Yukon and everything is slowly becoming more and more annoying with it. DRL issue like many others, shudder vibration even after road force balance, and now I’ve noticed what I believe might be a CarPlay issue?
I prefer to use Waze over the built in Google anyways. However, it seems anytime I open CarPlay to Waze, when I try to adjust the volume controls, AC, open the cameras, etc. the infotainment screen does nothing and doesn’t even acknowledge I just pressed buttons. Shoot, it doesn’t even acknowledge that I put the vehicle in park and still blocks selections.

Any suggestions? I’m waiting on the light sensor like many others, but maybe also any insight on the shudder vibration? Transmission problems with only 900 miles??

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB for crankshaft magnet causing engine shudder. I’d say go to your dealer and show them the issues…CarPlay and Waze do not always play well together…have had issues even in my wife’s Honda.

OP
OP
anspaughj

anspaughj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks! I’ll try to run that by them when I go back. I saw issues with tires so I brought that up, but only had 200 miles so they pulled the “get some wear on them and see if it still happens”
I’ll have to mess with CarPlay more to see if I can disconnect and get the system to function on the fly without needing to turn the vehicle off.

Dayzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you still have data on your vehicle? I ran mine out too quickly and my Carplay wouldn't connect wirelessly without it.

OP
OP
anspaughj

anspaughj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you still have data on your vehicle? I ran mine out too quickly and my Carplay wouldn't connect wirelessly without it.
That’s weird. I didn’t completely notice. But knew my data ran out 6/30 and on July 4th is when I started noticing the CarPlay issue. But the CarPlay for sure works, the system just doesn’t function if I have Waze actively running.

Dayzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reboot your phone

I tried everything. Unpairing, repairing, etc. Had the vehicle to the dealer for 12 hours and the tech brought in the GM special tech who concluded that I needed data. CarPlay works if plugged in and no data, but wirelessly it must have data.
I had two BMW X3's before this vehicle, and the 'data' plan/SIM card was included for the length of time I owned it. Purchasing a data package is very disappointing on a $90k vehicle. :(

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this whole infotainment system is buggy as all get out. I'm not having the specific issue you're outlining, but I seem to find some new weird bug every single day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons