No heat, front or rear, side to side. Period.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruiserCruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 denali xl. No heat anywhere. Front, back, or side to side. Hoses going into front heater core hot on both sides. Coolant is full. Any ideas?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Blend door actuators can be a culprit but usually that would only cause one to malfunction so it sounds like a control head problem. Having auto temp control will make a difference if go looking for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BruiserCruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Blend door actuators can be a culprit. Usually that would only cause one to malfunction so it sounds like a control head problem. Having auto temp control will make a difference if go looking for that.

It does have auto temp control. Supposedly the control panel is new.

OP
OP
B

BruiserCruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now I am confused. Supposedly? Who said that? Did you just buy it? Was the heater ever working?

I bought this from my cousins buddy for $1200 bucks. He told me the a/c had stopped working this summer and he did some reading online and thought it was the main control panel, so he switched it out. It did not fix the problem. He did not have the receipt for the part, so I can't say 100% on that. The system is a little low on Freon, so it's just cycling the pump on and off. I think that's the issue with the a/c, I haven't had time to top it off yet.

He did have the receipt for the transmission rebuilt (from less than a year ago), a receipt for the alternator (which is clearly new), along with receipts for a bunch of other little stuff over the last 5-6 years that he has had it. For 1200 bucks he didn't really need to lie about a 100 dollar (or whatever) part.

Dude was pretty honest about everything, and he definitely wasn't hurting for money. It was just an extra car for him and he didn't want to put any more money into it.

YDXJ0393.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this from my cousins buddy for $1200 bucks. He told me the a/c had stopped working this summer and he did some reading online and thought it was the main control panel, so he switched it out. It did not fix the problem. He did not have the receipt for the part, so I can't say 100% on that. The system is a little low on Freon, so it's just cycling the pump on and off. I think that's the issue with the a/c, I haven't had time to top it off yet.

He did have the receipt for the transmission rebuilt (from less than a year ago), a receipt for the alternator (which is clearly new), along with receipts for a bunch of other little stuff over the last 5-6 years that he has had it. For 1200 bucks he didn't really need to lie about a 100 dollar (or whatever) part.

Dude was pretty honest about everything, and he definitely wasn't hurting for money. It was just an extra car for him and he didn't want to put any more money into it.

View attachment 232398

All of this vehicle history is great and helps folks here try and remotely diagnose issues. Moving forward, sharing this type of stuff upfront is appreciated.

As it sits, you have an unknown main control swap that did not fix the issue and a system low on Freon. Get your Freon charge where it needs to be and then see where tings sit. If I had to guess you have a bum aftermarket main control but you need to go through the steps.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A reman control head is going to likely be around $200 to $300 depending on auto control or not. Cardone reman head 599-013 is $260 at Amazon but does not say which one it is. This of course is all guess work at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645