No auto lights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Co Clemmons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have basic car knowledge and can at times even go above and beyond the usual. I have a 2013 Tahoe that was a Border Patrol Vehicle. My issue is that the auto lights don’t work and my inside lights are flipped so when I go into dark places my dash lights go dark and when I’m driving during the day they are lit. In neither instance do my headlights come on. I also don’t have chirps when I lock my doors or turn signal clicks. I noticed this when I was checking everything out and now I’m wondering if this could be the issue? Any help is greatly appreciated!

3D0C5B05-4AD9-4CD4-BC12-181416AA8833.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have basic car knowledge and can at times even go above and beyond the usual. I have a 2013 Tahoe that was a Border Patrol Vehicle. My issue is that the auto lights don’t work and my inside lights are flipped so when I go into dark places my dash lights go dark and when I’m driving during the day they are lit. In neither instance do my headlights come on. I also don’t have chirps when I lock my doors or turn signal clicks. I noticed this when I was checking everything out and now I’m wondering if this could be the issue? Any help is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 246959
that sounds a lot like law enforcement "stealth" mode programming, normal operation and a dealer would have to program it back to normal

OP
OP
C

Co Clemmons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that sounds a lot like law enforcement "stealth" mode programming, normal operation and a dealer would have to program it back to normal
I’ve seen that reading around but I was wondering if the cut wire on the battery may have something to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen that reading around but I was wondering if the cut wire on the battery may have something to do with it.

no, the programming is done to the bcm (body control module) that wire went to other equipment that was removed before being put up for sale

OP
OP
C

Co Clemmons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no, the programming is done to the bcm (body control module) that wire went to other equipment that was removed before being put up for sale
Got it. Makes sense. I’ll swing by the dealer to see what it costs to get everything back up and running. Any idea? Thanks for the help by the way.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
before you try to reconnect that wire you will want to check where it is connected at the other end my guess is they cut it there so the other end wouldn't be a loose live wire, could have went to a uhf radio, roof lights, pa speaker amp, etc