NO 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, when I select the 4hi with the lever on the floor board. I can hear the grinding of the transfer case ingaging, but my 4x4 indicator light does nothing, no blinking, no illumination. I can tell that the 4x4 is not ingaged. Now in past when it wouldnt ingage the the 4x4 indicator light would blink at least. So any thoughts, could it be the actuator or is there something more. Thanks ahead of time.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The illumination Issue is probably a Bulb related issue , As for the Actual 4x4 problem are you able to shift into 4lo?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Have you put in park go reverse a lil bit then drive to see if it locks in? On my 94 i gotta do that. My illumination is jacked up aswell on the floor...

OP
OP
crmzendrgone

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The illumination Issue is probably a Bulb related issue , As for the Actual 4x4 problem are you able to shift into 4lo?

Ya it goes into 4 low but again doesn't engage.

Have you put in park go reverse a lil bit then drive to see if it locks in? On my 94 i gotta do that. My illumination is jacked up aswell on the floor...

I have not tried that, I'll have to try tht out.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Im not quite understanding you when you say it goes into "4lo but doesn't engage" what are you exactly talking about? Also besides the little grinding you hear when your first put it in 4wheel are there any other noises?

OP
OP
crmzendrgone

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I can describe it better. I know the transfer case is making the physical shift from 2hi to 4 hi and 4 lo. The thing is the front axle is not getting power(?). In past when I was engage in 4x4 the turning was tighter, harder to turn then when in 4x4. So, I know from that, this is why it is not engaged I have yet to put it up On stands and check actuator and check to see if it is getting voltage and what not.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If no power reaches the actuator then next work your way back to the switch mounted on top of the transfer case. when it goes to 4hi or 4low the switch coloses passing power from fuse #24 to the actuator and feed back switch to give the "engaged" response on the floor shifter column.

OP
OP
crmzendrgone

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, currently have it on stands pulled the actuator out shifted the floor lever to 4 hi and the actuator works properly. Reinstalled the actuator and turned engine on and selected 4 hi and rear wheels turn and front wheels do not turn. What is my next step?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879