Newby question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
Please don’t attack me. Just asking for knowledge if I UNcrank my torsion bars how much front drop will that give me ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Like 2 inches I think. You don't wana do that, you are going to crush the suspension bushings or what ever they are called.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can go maybe an inch before it negatively affects the suspension, or about 2” max like @ivin74 said and it will ride like crap then.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, my keys are unloaded to about what I deem "safe". I am am unhappy with it also, lots of body roll which destroyed my sway bar bushings prematurely. Do it right, buy knuckles.

Last edited:

Rob Haag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the record.. If your worried about your control arm bushings then you just loosen them, make the drop then retorque. The design is that the rubber is stationary and will endure an amount of twist, when you tighten the bolts your supposed to do it at ride height so that there is an allowable amount of travel without tearing the rubber. Taking the preload out of the torsion bars presents other concerns, plus when you change the torsion preload you will want to get the alignment checked for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17