Newbie question, interior lights, and pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, bought my 15 y.o. son a retried TX state trooper 2011 Tahoe at the state auction. The interior lights do not work unless you turn the dash "knob" dimmer to "on". Is there some sort of door switch that needs to be installed? Also, lights don't turn on when mashing the unlock button on keyfob. It is missing the overhead console/light fixture, might this be the issue. The 2nd row lights do work.

Anyway, great website. I have scanned through much of it. Thanks for any help.

Truck came with 198k miles, runs and drives great. The tires were flat spotted from sitting on the state lot, probably flat, for who knows how long. I talked the wife into getting her new rims/tires for her escalade and put her 22's on the Tahoe, rides well now. Also did the hood in flat black, previously white. Other than that a little compounding on the paint, and it is good from a far, but far from good. Kid seems to like it. Anyway, seems like a safe ride for the kiddo. Thanks for any help.

IMG_4491.JPG IMG_4492.JPG

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... good looking truck.

Check to make sure the switch right above the dimmer knob isn't pressed. That is a dome light override so you can turn the dome lights off while the doors are open.

As for the lights not flashing with the key fob... order a DIC (driver information center)switch and install it and see if you can turn that feature on in the DIC in the cluster... if not then it may be programmed into the BCM, some call it "stealth mode".

DIC switch looks like this...
rps20191218_230131_152.jpg

Installs here...
rps20191218_230404_247.jpg
You will either need to cut the hole in your existing panel OR purchase a replacement panel that has the hole already in it.

Can be purchased here...
OEM GM Trucks and SUVs Driver Information Center Buttons Switch Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HC50AYG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_yxV-DbWFWERBE

Wiring is already in the dash, it just plugs in.

Hope this helps.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NH. Nice looking truck!

You've come to the right place to get answers to your questions, and to provide answers to other member's questions when appropriate.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the party!

Yeah, you gotta have a DIC lmao

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... good looking truck.

Check to make sure the switch right above the dimmer knob isn't pressed. That is a dome light override so you can turn the dome lights off while the doors are open.

Hope this helps.

That was it! Funny, it doesn't even look like a button. Dome lights now work with the door switch and fob.

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was it! Funny, it doesn't even look like a button. Dome lights now work with the door switch and fob.
Good to know I'm not the only one that didn't realize this was a thing. I went a few days after I bought mine with no dome lights until I found that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645