Interior lights dysfunctional

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeCCS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can manually switch the interior lights on my 2014 Tahoe, but no combination of the dashboard defeat switch and doors open will turn any of them on.

I hope my previous use of LED replacements didn't fry something. They worked fine for a while, including a full fade-to-off. Then, they lost brightness and eventually failed completely. Each LED bulb tests fine directly clipped to the battery posts.

I put the original incandescent bulbs back in there, and they work only with the pushbuttons in the fixture.

Is there something to re-set, and if so, with what sequence? Many thanks.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can manually switch the interior lights on my 2014 Tahoe, but no combination of the dashboard defeat switch and doors open will turn any of them on.

I hope my previous use of LED replacements didn't fry something. They worked fine for a while, including a full fade-to-off. Then, they lost brightness and eventually failed completely. Each LED bulb tests fine directly clipped to the battery posts.

I put the original incandescent bulbs back in there, and they work only with the pushbuttons in the fixture.

Is there something to re-set, and if so, with what sequence? Many thanks.
I doubt it was your LEDs that caused the problem. I've been running LEDs in both of my Yukon XLs for years now with no problems. Silly question but have you tried pressing on the lights with the doors open?

OP
OP
T

TahoeCCS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2014 fixtures have buttons alongside the lens. And yes, have tried with one door open. Should I try with all open as, what, a re-set?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The fade circuits in the interior lamps are sensitive. There’s two way communication between the load on the lamp and the chip that fades it.

Usually the easiest way to fix anything in an ICB is simply a reboot, or disconnect the battery. Touch the + & - terminals together when disconnected from battery.

Cross fingers and reconnect with OEM bulbs.

OP
OP
T

TahoeCCS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the process to reboot? Sounds easier to disconnect the batteries (dual).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts