Newbie needs help. (HID related)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02HoeZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First and foremost, some sick rides on here.

Secondly, Just bought my DDM Tuning kit for my 02 Tahoe. Lows only for now and they don't light up, any suggestions? Help is appreciated.

OP
OP

02HoeZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I read something similar to that somewhere but I'm afraid of blowing the ballast. No need for any of there adapters or wiring harnesses?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, just swap em and you should be good. happened to me, nothing blown and they are still running strong

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, just installed mine sun night. Didnt work so switched them around and now loving my HID's also installed some yellow 880 bulbs in the fogs

Last edited:

oakrdrs187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever Been Shocked by a WET ballast??
Kind of Therapeutic actually...

thats the problem on most HID sets, just reverse, you'll be golden.

The Real problem is when you plug in to the stock connector. You should always used the harness that came (at no extra charge) supplied with the ballast, then determine with a test light which is you're positive and negative (on the car) and match the correct side to the HID. Black ground, blue or red positive.

Installation with a relay would be optimum BTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160