Newbie - just bought a 2010 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfonz91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all-

Been lurking here for a while, but this is my first post. Had a 96 Bronco for the past 2 years (DD and restomod), but my wife and I are having our first kid in a couple months and decided it's time to upgrade to a more kid-friendly vehicle.

Recently purchased a 2010 Tahoe with 125k miles. Its in pretty good condition, but will definitely need some things. I have big plans to make this a bad-a$$ kid hauler. I'll be posting pics and will probably create a build thread at some point, so stay tuned.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Blake! You bought the perfect kid hauler!

OP
OP
bfonz91

bfonz91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So AFTER i bought it and got it home i ran the carfax :boxed:

Turns out the guy rolled back the odometer and i actually have 205k miles.

The truck is in REALLY good condition which is why he could prolly advertise the fraudulent 125k. I'm pissed but determined to make lemonade out of lemons. Worst case it needs an engine earlier than i thought and i HAVE to swap to the 6.2 - my wife wouldn't know the difference. :rotflmao: But either way, I drove a hard bargain and thought I was getting a steal on the truck. Turns out I just ended up paying about market price for a truck with 205k.

IMG_20201120_165952.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So AFTER i bought it and got it home i ran the carfax :boxed:

Turns out the guy rolled back the odometer and i actually have 205k miles.

The truck is in REALLY good condition which is why he could prolly advertise the fraudulent 125k. I'm pissed but determined to make lemonade out of lemons. Worst case it needs an engine earlier than i thought and i HAVE to swap to the 6.2 - my wife wouldn't know the difference. :rotflmao: But either way, I drove a hard bargain and thought I was getting a steal on the truck. Turns out I just ended up paying about market price for a truck with 205k.

View attachment 263109

I would have filed papers already for small claims court. This would be a good case for Judge Judy. I am sure this was not the first time [or the last time] this guy got over on someone.

You are way too nice Blake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700