New Yukon XL Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with the sentiments you’ve already heard. Definitely don’t use the AC Delco advantage components. Might as well get cheap Chinese crap. Go with OEM if possible, or Moog as a backup. There’s also some discussion on 2 levels of quality within Moog.. with the mileage you’re at, I’d expect a lot of worn suspension components. These are heavy vehicles. Just after I bought my ‘03 Yukon, I replaced the idler and pitman arms as well as inner and outer tie rod ends. These were all replaced with Moog components, and have been great so far (30k later). Since then, upper and lower control arms have also been replaced (LCA to contain the ball joints). These were also replaced with Moog. I also invested in some excellent Hellwig sway bars, front and rear, and these have made a massive difference in handling. The front shocks have been replaced with Bilstein 5100’s, and are 2” longer as the torsion bars have been cranked up to level. I’m really amazed at how she handles and drives after this work. It’s a lot, but absolutely worth the investment. These rigs will last forever as long as they are maintained and not in a rust belt state. I purchased Timken hubs for both front wheels, even though they’re not due for replacement yet. I wanted to have them ready to go, and don’t want to wait and end up with a lesser quality part, as we’ve seen in the part industry.
Agree 100% with purchasing a knock-off Tech2. It will pay for itself very quickly.
Personally, I don’t think I’d bother with the screens and entertainment stuff, but I wouldn’t be using it much at all. If you have kids who will be using them, there are a lot of options for swapping out. However, they may not work the same with existing controls. If you want everything to work as OEM, I’m guessing it will likely cost you more $$.
I’d agree with taking some panels apart and cleaning up before spending $$ on replacements. Some of the replacements are not great quality, and you may need to reprogram as well. If you can cleanup the contacts, and get the stickers to take care of the paint, that’s the way I’d go.
As you go through your list, and drive the vehicle, you’ll come up with other things you may want to replace, or upgrade. As long as you hang out here, we’re all extremely adept at spending other peoples money, so no fear, you can have the nicest GMT800 around with a little help from your friends.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new addition. +1 on replacing ALL front-end components at the current mileage. I went with all moog front end parts on 2 vehicles of this vintage (4+ years) and they've held up okay to the abuse with over-sized wheels and torsion bars cranked. Had back luck with timken hubs on multiple vehicles. On my 01 yukon I ended up replacing a pair after 1 1/2 years. They seem to easily allow water past the ABS seal and corrode quick where I live. If you're not driving in saltwater down there you could be okay. Certainly a great ride for family. As far as the rear screens go, there are too many options to list. I recommend checking the audo/electronics portion of the forum and upgrade. Even ebay has some good deals on units that are fully compatible with your phone. If you're thinking of replacing steering wheel controls; decide what you want to do with your audio/video first.

OP
OP
tooleyondeck

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Both the AC Delco Gold/Advantage and MOOG control arms I found online are different than what are on my Yukon. I am having trouble finding control arms with the hole to mount the ride height sensors. Does anyone have the part number that's specific to models with autoride? Just about everything online states Tahoe/Yukon/Silverado/Sierra but most disclaim "excluding models with electronically adjustable suspension"

Thanks in advance

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Both the AC Delco Gold/Advantage and MOOG control arms I found online are different than what are on my Yukon. I am having trouble finding control arms with the hole to mount the ride height sensors. Does anyone have the part number that's specific to models with autoride? Just about everything online states Tahoe/Yukon/Silverado/Sierra but most disclaim "excluding models with electronically adjustable suspension"

Thanks in advance
Plug your VIN in here and have a look:

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
That link was a lifesaver my friend! I was able to find all the correct part #s and ordered all AC Delco Professional suspension parts and the Timken hubs. Thank you

View attachment 362878
I looked at that site and can find alot of parts but dont see a way to add them to a cart why is it so difficult to buy something these days.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I looked at that site and can find alot of parts but dont see a way to add them to a cart why is it so difficult to buy something these days.
If you take these part numbers and cross to RA with those numbers, can likely get at RA.

I crossed the numbers and there are at least 2 of each at RA.

45D1103 $81.79 ea. at RA

45A1311 $33.79 ea. at RA

SP500300 $101.79 ea. at RA

45A0785 $36.79 ea. at RA

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442