New user, looking for very high temp thermostat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparRnocer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my 04 tahoe a couple months back with ton of problems and have slowly fixed most all of them, but I'm still fighting with one. When I bought it, it had a cracked radiator. As a auto tech I replace plenty of crappy and plastic radiators so I decided to buy an all aluminum radiator off ebay (If you do triple check to make sure it has the same options as yours) and it fit great but... it's massive and will not let the cooling system to fully heat up, I've put a 180 degree thermostat in it and it help but still doesn't get above 170, I was hoping one of you fine people knew the where abouts of a very high temp thermostat. Thanks for your time, I hope yall have a wonderful day.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF from Colorado.

OE thermostat temp is 186 or 187°.

Lots of us have had trouble with aftermarket radiators not having the proper restriction in the radiator fitting for the small hose that goes back to the surge tank. Take a quick read through the thread below and let us know what you end up doing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justin Case