New Truck in Town vs GM Units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
15YUKON

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but there are tons of other options these days. Even chevy has two other suvs that hold 7 and have as much cargo room as a Tahoe and are much less $$$. Perfect mom mobiles and mall crawlers.

Those are cars. They can’t tow for anything. If you want something that can tow you have to buy these overpriced rigs of today.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are cars. They can’t tow for anything. If you want something that can tow you have to buy these overpriced rigs of today.

I️ was responding to you when you said this:

They are forgetting about their actual market for people who use them as mall crawlers that never see offroad or a trailer.

The Acadia can tow 5,000+ and their vans can tow more than the yukon.

OP
OP
15YUKON

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I️ was responding to you when you said this:

The Acadia can tow 5,000+ and their vans can tow more than the yukon.

Wow you are one of those people everyone tries to avoid in life. You know it all and are god yet you are on a Tahoe forum. OK if you are so smart throw 5,000 pounds behind an Arcadia with a puny V6 and tell me how great it does through the hills. Ignorance. Your incapable of viewing the situation from other points of view. Not to mention 5,000 pounds is not a good towing capacity by any stretch, that’s quick to pass.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow you are one of those people everyone tries to avoid in life. You know it all and are god yet you are on a Tahoe forum. OK if you are so smart throw 5,000 pounds behind an Arcadia with a puny V6 and tell me how great it does through the hills. Ignorance. Your incapable of viewing the situation from other points of view. Not to mention 5,000 pounds is not a good towing capacity by any stretch, that’s quick to pass.

Who pissed in your cornflakes and what the hell are you talking about? You specifically said chevy had forgotten about people who don’t tow, need a reasonably priced large capacity vehicle to be a mall crawler. Your words. Not mine.

I️ noted that they had multiple vehicles at reasonable price points that fill that space and can even do some light hauling.

Not sure why pointing that out made you so upset. Please accept my apology.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both Ford and GMs pricing is out of control. The full size SUV, well at least base models are supposed to be affordable for people who want a trucks capability in a passanger vehicle. 50 grand is a complete joke for a base vehicle. They aren’t supposed to be bling mobiles they are supposed to be affordable entry level trucks that an average family can actually afford. They are forgetting about their actual market for people who use them as mall crawlers that never see offroad or a trailer.

You’re saying there is supposed to be an entry level full size BOF suv “average”families can afford? Hate to say it but these vehicles are profit centers. If GM could build a base model and sell it for $40k (fleet pricing says they can) or tart it up and sell it for $60k you know which one the shareholders demand they build.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Power is not the problem for the Acadia/traverse etc. An Traverse will move 5k up a hill just as easily as a suburban. Look at the power to weight ratios. The issues are suspension/brakes/transmission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re saying there is supposed to be an entry level full size BOF suv “average”families can afford? Hate to say it but these vehicles are profit centers. If GM could build a base model and sell it for $40k (fleet pricing says they can) or tart it up and sell it for $60k you know which one the shareholders demand they build.

[Caution: bringing facts and pragmatism to this forum should be done at ones own risk. You’ve been warned.]

Good points IMO. They have lots of full sized vehicles (can carry 7 people and hold as much cargo as a Tahoe) that are much less expensive and if you need to tow something big there is the CPO market which is also a very profitable aspect of their business. Selling these things for top dollar and then selling them used for top dollar 3 years later is a very profitable business model.

Last edited:

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50k is a joke alright, but in an era of 0 percent for 84 month loans, price is no object for many people, most don't blink at 88 or so large as they know its not costing them anything but the monthly payment to carry it. When interest rates go back up as they will eventually, then we will see how the north of 50k truck does then. its not just trucks, here in Ontario for example, a Sierra SLT, will start at 60k and go from there. Marketing has something to do with it as well, as Sierras and Yukons, Denali trim nothwithstanding outsell Chevrolet Tahoes by a 4 to 1 margin. There are not many Ford Expeditons sold at all in either trim level, EL or small Size. They would rather drop the 70k or so on a cookie cutter F150

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50k is a joke alright, but in an era of 0 percent for 84 month loans, price is no object for many people, most don't blink at 88 or so large as they know its not costing them anything but the monthly payment to carry it. When interest rates go back up as they will eventually, then we will see how the north of 50k truck does then. its not just trucks, here in Ontario for example, a Sierra SLT, will start at 60k and go from there. Marketing has something to do with it as well, as Sierras and Yukons, Denali trim nothwithstanding outsell Chevrolet Tahoes by a 4 to 1 margin. There are not many Ford Expeditons sold at all in either trim level, EL or small Size. They would rather drop the 70k or so on a cookie cutter F150

I’d tend to agree that a spike in interest rates will drop people back into rigs they can actually afford.

I️ also think a spike in gas prices would be a bigger issue. $5+ a gallon here for any prolonged period of time would destroy the market for these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuhoe1988