New to the site and new to me 05 Yukon 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

CoalTrain614

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rosco P, is that you?
You must be young. The younger generation can't appreciate the chrome. Here's more in case you change your mind.

View attachment 412967

But welcome to the site. Post some pics of your "ugly '05" as you call it lol.
Clifford P. that is lol. I'm 43 and I can definitely appreciate chrome in the right application. I have a 96 big body Fleetwood lowrider that has its fair share of chrome. Just not a fan of it on this truck for some reason. And sadly yes, Hoes do indeed have to eat.
Rosco P, is that you?
You must be young. The younger generation can't appreciate the chrome. Here's more in case you change your mind.

View attachment 412967

But welcome to the site. Post some pics of your "ugly '05" as you call it lol.
Clifford P. that is lol. I'm 43 and I can definitely appreciate chrome in the right application. I have a 96 big body Fleetwood lowrider that has its fair share of chrome. Just not a fan of it on this truck for some reason. The bug guard, the mirror backs, the moulding and the door handles just makes me cringe. These are from last week. I have since got black mirror backs, changed the headlight housing with smoked, but those are going back. Even with LEDs it's hard to see. Changed the tail light housing and put LEDs in. Yellow LEDs in the fog lights and changed all the interior bulbs over to white LEDs. Put a black bug guard on, all new JL audio speakers with a 800w JL audio 4chan pushing them and a stinger Heigh10 head unit with back up cam. Installed a Big 3 0ga OFC wire upgrade under the hood for when I run subs. I put the black 24in rims on, but going back to stock for winter. I have another set of headlights on the way, and a roll pan. Currently looking for a full set of gloss black door handles. So it's coming along as long as I feed it dollar bills. I hope to find someone on here local to me to help me with experience on lowering it. And sadly yes, Hoes do indeed have to eat.

Attachments

• IMG_20230924_154236011.jpg
    IMG_20230924_154236011.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230924_154223963.jpg
    IMG_20230924_154223963.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
C

CoalTrain614

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely lose all that VatoZone chrome gatdgetry, yes. Otherwise looks pretty clean. Bring it back to stock appearance and it will look much better.

Looks like the front got lowered? The rear may be stock height.

Welcome to the forum!
The chrome kills me every time I see it. I thought it sat up higher in the rear for towing purposes. I haven't got under it to check out the suspension. If I get down on the ground it's a good possibility I won't get up lol. Hoping to find someone local that can help me out with that stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts