New to me 2007 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can get on a chat on GM.com under "Customers", and request a build sheet. They'll email it to you and it will list your RPO codes and their descriptions.

OP
OP
stocksj

stocksj

Reaction score
You can get on a chat on GM.com under "Customers", and request a build sheet. They'll email it to you and it will list your RPO codes and their descriptions.
I found a site that listed my RPO codes using my VIN. Thanks so much.

OP
OP
stocksj

stocksj

Reaction score
Okay, today I replaced the dry rotted tires and got an oil change done at Walmart. Drives like a totally different car. A few things I’ve noticed from further details on the burb is that the rear windshield wiper does not work so that’s next on the list. Also the cars has been repainted in the past probably after on of the 3 fender benders back in 2019 the previous owner has in one year. A god bit of overspray inside 3 of the 4 fenders. Must be a Macco job

I also know I need to install fog lights and replace the side view mirrors since the right side won’t adjust. Need to fix the cracked dashboard and tighten up a few things but all in all it’s a sound truck.

Reaction score
Okay, today I replaced the dry rotted tires and got an oil change done at Walmart. Drives like a totally different car. A few things I’ve noticed from further details on the burb is that the rear windshield wiper does not work so that’s next on the list. Also the cars has been repainted in the past probably after on of the 3 fender benders back in 2019 the previous owner has in one year. A god bit of overspray inside 3 of the 4 fenders. Must be a Macco job

I also know I need to install fog lights and replace the side view mirrors since the right side won’t adjust. Need to fix the cracked dashboard and tighten up a few things but all in all it’s a sound truck.
The mirror not adjusting could be dirty contacts in the switch. Pull and clean the switch with electrical cleaner (Mass air sensor cleaner works) first before buying a new mirror

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome Burb man!! 2WD too boot, so jelly!!! Can’t wait to see the rims, can we get pics? These are on my wish list. Are you going to fix the rear wiper or delete it? Great find man, enjoy the tinkering on her! :)

OP
OP
stocksj

stocksj

Reaction score
Awesome Burb man!! 2WD too boot, so jelly!!! Can’t wait to see the rims, can we get pics? These are on my wish list. Are you going to fix the rear wiper or delete it? Great find man, enjoy the tinkering on her! :)
Thanks, my wife wants me on a spending budget that I know better. Here’s a couple oh pictures of the HELO rims. My wife likes them, I was thinking about getting some 17” PPV rims but I’ll keep what I have for now. Plus they aren’t half bad. One thing about mother’s I found out is that it uses a special lug key and to get the plastic caps off you need 2 different allen wrenches to remove 7 screws. PITA.

Attachments

• 308EB61A-910E-4E0F-B48C-D5934F5DDB3D.jpeg
    308EB61A-910E-4E0F-B48C-D5934F5DDB3D.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
stocksj

stocksj

Reaction score
Thanks, my wife wants me on a spending budget that I know better. Here’s a couple oh pictures of the HELO rims. My wife likes them, I was thinking about getting some 17” PPV rims but I’ll keep what I have for now. Plus they aren’t half bad. One thing about mother’s I found out is that it uses a special lug key and to get the plastic caps off you need 2 different allen wrenches to remove 7 screws. PITA.

Attachments

• BD39D453-D5BC-4676-A663-AC73664BEF8A.jpeg
    BD39D453-D5BC-4676-A663-AC73664BEF8A.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17