New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdahew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to purchase new tires for my 08 tahoe! Right now running 17" but will up grade to 20" later, just need 17" for now. I was wondering what is a good tire to get? This one guy was trying to get me to buy some Nexen roadina, or some nitto Dura Grappler, or Cooper Discover HT. haven't heard of any of these before. Could someone point me in the right direction for tires? I like the good year triple tread but really don't want to pay the 189 -219 per tire price.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Nitto Terra Grapplers are the standard...also in that class are the Goodyear DuraTracs. I've heard good things about those, too. They look pretty aggressive but are supposed to be pretty good on the highways, too.

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If these are somewhat temporary tires until you get your 20s go with the nexen, GREAT TIRE GREAT PRICE!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tdahew, what exactly do you want them for? If they are just temporary, are the tires you are running now worn out (you have a 2008 right?). If you need tires in the meantime, I would just get the cheapest ones.

OP
OP
T

tdahew

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
re: Zed - yes I have a 2008 I purchased this used last oct. The front tires are worn.
Yes these are temporay but just in case I have to run them long than I want to just want to make sure what I have on will hold up.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
re: Zed - yes I have a 2008 I purchased this used last oct. The front tires are worn.
Yes these are temporay but just in case I have to run them long than I want to just want to make sure what I have on will hold up.

Nittos would be the way to go then. Always gets great reviews (actual use by Tahoe owners - forums) and typically last longer than 40k miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz