New Tires on the Tahoe (Plasti dip wheels?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bowtie-Bri

Reaction score
My front and rear bumper have some bubbling issues going on as well. I would like to get them repainted.

My Hoe looks exactly the same except my bumper has got some good sized rust spots on it, and the paint is chipping off my grill pretty good. I'm trying to decide whether to plastidip the grill, bumper, Z71 plastic trim pieces and wheels a charcoal gray, or repaint the grill, bumpers, and trim pieces body color, and leave the wheels alone.

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jochen!

I'm thinking about using the Duplicolor wheel paint now in stead of the Plasti dip.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...?searchTerm=duplicolor+wheel+paint#fragment-3
Anyone use that before and how many cans did you use for 4 wheels. If I do this, I plan to clear coat them as well. I thought maybe 1 can of paint per wheel but I'm wasn't sure if that would be enough. (Since I'm still on the subject of wheels, I didn't think I should start another thread)

if your not sure about painting them yet you can always plasti dip them first then paint any color you want and still be able to peel it off.

nkosmo

Reaction score
I plasti-dip'd my stock Z71 wheels a few months ago. It looks great but if you don't like it, you can just peel it off. $45 for a 6 pack of plasti-dip and a few hours of work.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

bret04yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey dude! Nice purchase on the tires! I have Goodyear wrangler duratracs and I plastidipped my wheels. Here is what it looks like! I have more pictures but it only lets me post one. Still haven't figured it out. Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts