New Tahoe vs Used Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I'd buy the 2011 Tahoe over the 2009 Escalade.

I'd also buy a 2011 Tahoe over a 2010 Escalade.

And I'd buy a 2011 Tahoe over a 2011 new or used Escalade, even if the Escalade was the same price as the Tahoe.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've personally had both and I went with a used Esky over a newer Tahoe. If you like Tahoe's why wouldn't you like An Escalade??

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I figured they had cloth.

they changed the package options. Like there is no more lt2 or lt3 and or whatnot.

I too am voting for brand new. Over used. Youll get more for your money, You are not taking on anyone eles problems. New its covered under a factory warranty with the option to buy and further extend that warranty where the used esky probably has only power train. Also you dont know how the previous owners Treated it. Did they keep up with service and maintenance? Did they beat on it? The most that comes to anyone mind when used is were there any accidents with the vehicle.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score

And I'd buy a 2011 Tahoe over a 2011 new or used Escalade, even if the Escalade was the same price as the Tahoe.

I'd say the same but the esky has a beautiful 6.2 packs a punch and is just way to much fun!! Uncles gotta 08 things amazing!!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I've personally had both and I went with a used Esky over a newer Tahoe. If you like Tahoe's why wouldn't you like An Escalade??

cause your hoe was 2wd and you wanted All wheel or 4x4 and it was a perfect opportunity for you to upgrade

gnarpow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for the Escalade. Its going to hold its value better since it already taken the initial hit by someone else driving it off the lot. The 6.2 is amazing. Not sure about the premium fuel thing, my denali says "premium fuel recommended" and I always thought the key word was RECOMMENDED... never found it to effect performance but maybe the escalade is different.

jeremyp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new here...first post actually. Just thought I'd chime in because I just went through the same thought process. I was considering a new/used Tahoe/Yukon vs a used Denali (Escalade's GMC equivalent) and ended up with a Certified Pre-owned 2009 Denali, fully loaded w/ 20" chrome wheels and NAV.

I've always been one to go for the top end model because they do hold their value better as time goes on and are generally more desirable. This makes it easier to get top dollar at trade-in time if kept clean or easier to sell if you want to sell it privately.

First of all, here are some facts about Certified Pre-owned. You will get a 12 month and 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. This also makes it eligible to get a very affordable bumper to bumper extension. I extended mine to 5yrs (from in-service date) / 100,000 miles for $1200. Since my Denali has 31k miles and it's in-service date was Oct 2009, I basically have 3 yrs and 69k miles from now with bumper to bumper protection. Of course you could extend the warranty on the new Tahoe as well...

Look at it this way...The Escalade is a much nicer overall vehicle that will hold the value much better, you can get an equivalent or better warranty and you will have a higher trade in value the next time around. I've done the math a thousand times...you lose the most when you buy new. CPO's are the way to go financially. The biggest benefit is that you will get to drive a much nicer vehicle for the same upfront price price. The Escalade is just a much nicer vehicle than the Tahoe.

Hope this helps and good luck! Please make sure you post back here when you make your decision too!

JP (The New Guy)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why Steve? You'd have your Escalade roof rack complete then! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87