New Tahoe owner - Portland, Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Glad to finally have a Tahoe to talk about. On Monday (my birthday!, woo hoo!) we finally picked up our "new" 2004 Tahoe Z71. She's white with dark grey interior, and pretty well loaded with everything including sunroof, heated seats, DVD, rear captain chairs, third row seats, and 22" wheels. The seller even still had the original window sticker, which I'll scan and post at some point.

No major plans for now, other than to use her to tow our '66 Shasta Compact trailer this summer. We have a few camping trips planned including Crater Lake in Southern Oregon, and we plan to do a few trips to car shows to promote the business we're trying to launch (www.jewelorjalopy.com). I will do the usual full fluid/filter maintenance I do to all my new cars, fix the few small issues she has, then hopefully just drive her.

In the future I'd like to swap out the 22" wheels for something more in the 18" to 20" range to improve the ride, and lower her a bit for better handling. But probably not until this winter when things settle down.

For now, here are a few pics. I'll post a few pics of my other cars including our '74 Alfa Romeo Berlina, and '73 Jeep Wagoneer a bit later.

Oh, and a big thanks to RivieraRacing (Chris) for all the advice during the purchase process.

Glad to be here!

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Ciao,
Ian

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bud nice tahoe! I have always liked that body style. Also i have the regular roof rack off my Tahoe since i did an esky one. If your interested in taking that huge one off. Welcome!!!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's one secsie bug deflector.

OP
OP
J

Jewel or Jalopy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'd like to remove the bug deflector, but so far the wife likes it. Helps her see the front corner.

Jimmy - I might take you up on the roof rack offer, but first things first, got some maintenance to take care of!

I did spend 5 minutes reprogramming the user features today. Love that I can do all that without going to the dealer like our BMW!

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah let me know whenever it is just taking up space in the garage and i have it in a box and ready to ship. Ill make ya a great deal when your ready.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear after all of those rolled back odometers that you ended up wasting your time on because of dirt bags in the world, that you ended up finding a good deal in the end!! Nice looking ride, you will love it!! And your welcome for the help, you know how to get a hold of me if you have any questions or need any help with stuff!!

And welcome to the site, now get to work with the modding!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KlausGB