New tahoe owner needs help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, add some techron concentrate and/or seafoam to the gastank.. You'll
still have several gallons of the old still in there..
I would clear the codes before you do the other maint...
That way you'll know what is exactly going on...
It may just need a nice 25 mile hiway cruise to "relearn" everything...
These pcm's do learn, so they adapt as you drive.. Sitting so long it's prob
all out of whack

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0010 -cam actuator circut bank 1
P2101
P2135

For proper diagnosis you really need a Tech-2 or something similar. However, I would first inspect all the wiring and make sure some critter didn't chew into or through the wires especially around the camshaft sensor and throttle body.

It's also possible that these just failed and need replacing and if everything checks out, the shop manual says that the ECM is the culprit and she would need a new computer.

You can get a subscription to the shop manual at AllDataDIY and some other places.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering, curious, if you clear the codes, take a drive, does it drive normal? If an important sensor is defective I'd think you'd feel or see a problem from just after startup?

OP
OP
Bebimarie

Bebimarie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry all was at work sneaking a reply in between....yes the sensors and parts i like to buy are oem always. I just wanted to clean it up an bit first drop in a cam sensor and maf as i honestly dont wanna dig into my late uncles papers to find out when was the last time these sensor if ever were changed. I will work on it this weekend and keep everyone posted and post photos hopefully i can get her running great and get some use out of it. It runs great till the "reduced enine power" pops up on display.
Thank you all for the help i really appreciate it and will keep you all posted on what my issue turn out to be if i can find it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
Bebimarie

Bebimarie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.
Thank you, i will as i like learning and diagnosing things. Once again Thank you for the welcome.

OP
OP
Bebimarie

Bebimarie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE::Ok back again woke up extra early as im anxious to try and figure out the issues with this tahoe. So far i have a good update and possibly some info to pass on.
Found the throttle culprit
Went out started it up and it did not pur as normal (reduced engine power) popped up as soon as it started.
Started scratching my head again.
Wiggled wires under the hood mainly by the ecu and fuse bod tried to start again no dice sputtering like a bad missfire.
Checked codes and now i have 7 codes related to everything under the sun. I NOW KNOW FOR A FACT SOMETHING ELECTRICAL IS GOING ON.
go back under the hood and wiggle throttle body wires and there she goes running like a champ. Take it for a spin and it runs beautiful. Connect reader as im driving every reading good so far drove 34 miles no problems at all. About a mile away from home engine light pops up and i pull to the side to run the code and only 1 code this time. Not the 3 i initially had and not the 7 i just had this morning. Now only p0010
But im still running smooth. Bring her back home and start poking around the throttle body wiring and i finally find the culprit to my issues. The pigtail to the harness frayed internally where the prongs to the throttle body meet the harness and was barely making contact so my wiggle must have given it that push in that it needed to make contact. I removed the cover to the harness to expose the connectors and 2 were completely down to 1 touching wire and 2 others were on the way. I got a photo from new rochelle chevrolet on the harness connector to throttle body and was told it is fact is an issues on my model. Orderd a new one gotta pick it up friday. So now im expecting 3 parts. Maf, cam sensor and new throttle body harness.. i will install all 3 on the weekend at least now i know the culprit on the reduced engine power and the 2101 and 2135 codes.i want to Thank you all for pointing me where to look.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
UPDATE::Ok back again woke up extra early as im anxious to try and figure out the issues with this tahoe. So far i have a good update and possibly some info to pass on.
Found the throttle culprit
Went out started it up and it did not pur as normal (reduced engine power) popped up as soon as it started.
Started scratching my head again.
Wiggled wires under the hood mainly by the ecu and fuse bod tried to start again no dice sputtering like a bad missfire.
Checked codes and now i have 7 codes related to everything under the sun. I NOW KNOW FOR A FACT SOMETHING ELECTRICAL IS GOING ON.
go back under the hood and wiggle throttle body wires and there she goes running like a champ. Take it for a spin and it runs beautiful. Connect reader as im driving every reading good so far drove 34 miles no problems at all. About a mile away from home engine light pops up and i pull to the side to run the code and only 1 code this time. Not the 3 i initially had and not the 7 i just had this morning. Now only p0010
But im still running smooth. Bring her back home and start poking around the throttle body wiring and i finally find the culprit to my issues. The pigtail to the harness frayed internally where the prongs to the throttle body meet the harness and was barely making contact so my wiggle must have given it that push in that it needed to make contact. I removed the cover to the harness to expose the connectors and 2 were completely down to 1 touching wire and 2 others were on the way. I got a photo from new rochelle chevrolet on the harness connector to throttle body and was told it is fact is an issues on my model. Orderd a new one gotta pick it up friday. So now im expecting 3 parts. Maf, cam sensor and new throttle body harness.. i will install all 3 on the weekend at least now i know the culprit on the reduced engine power and the 2101 and 2135 codes.i want to Thank you all for pointing me where to look.
As soon as you said something about the wires leading to throttle body, I remembered about when I replaced my throttle body, see my build thread, that GM said to replace the wiring harness to it was known as a weak area that needed done with new throttle body. Great job finding culprit. That is why I had said earlier that the codes all seemed to have something in common, checking all related wiring.

OP
OP
Bebimarie

Bebimarie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As soon as you said something about the wires leading to throttle body, I remembered about when I replaced my throttle body, see my build thread, that GM said to replace the wiring harness to it was known as a weak area that needed done with new throttle body. Great job finding culprit. That is why I had said earlier that the codes all seemed to have something in common, checking all related wiring.
Yes thank you so much for pointing that out to me i went and wiggled and prodded hopefully spme one else can use this info in the near future funny how one little plug can wreck so much havoc and cause so many codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900