New Tahoe owner. 18 Chevy Tahoe custom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Tahoe Custom Edition being built 1/15, so will be able to give you some feedback as it will be my daily driver.

I specifically ordered a Custom as it has a third row Delete option which reduces the base price by $3750..

I do not think any of the brackets are in the vehicle as it is made like a PPV or Commercial model.. that is the reason for the price reduction.

I always take the third row out of Tahoe's as I want the rear carrying area without the raised up third seat the new ones have. My 09 has the third seats, they are just sitting in plastic bags on a shelf in my shop!!

Anyway, good luck with yours... I have never had a problem with either a Tahoe or Suburban over the years of ownership and think the new ones will be fine.

Thirdcoast

DaBigBR

Reaction score
The seats have been installed in PPVs successfully. The holes for the bolts are present and only need to have the seats, bolts, and seatbelts sourced. Take-out seats are available on eBay for around $500 shipped and there is a thread in the PPV section detailing the costs of the seatbelts and the bolts. It seemed that the bolts were around $7 each from the dealer (I think you needed about 8) and the seatbelts were a little over $100. You could probably put the take-out seats in for under $1000, which is obviously still a savings with a $3700 reduction in price.

The "custom" also gets a unique grille and wheels.

Here:

www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/third-row-seat-added-to-2016-ppv.92264/

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Tahoe with the Custom Edition Package (-$3750); 40/20/40 Front Seat (-$250); Max Trailering Pkg, which includes 3.42:1 Ratio & Trailer Brake Controller, 8600 Lbs Towing Capacity; Enhanced Driver Alert Pkg.; & a couple of other small options..

The Custom Edition is a LS without the 3rd Row Seating and has the same painted aluminum wheels and chrome grille as a Z71.. Plus all the electronics..

A good cost savings over the LS with just the options I wanted.

Thirdcoast

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 10% off that is available right now I have seen customs advertised for $39k.