Third row seat added to 2016 PPV

Discussion in 'Police Package/Specialty Service Discussion' started by mp_tx, Apr 19, 2017.

1. mp_tx

mp_tx TYF Newbie

Name:
    Matt
    Found a lot of information in regards swapping in the third row seat to the older generation PPV's--I just wanted to confirm that it works on the latest generation. Lucked out and found a brand new matching interior third row takeout off Ebay for a fair price, and was semi local to me, so I did not have to pay for shipping. Seller also had the storage tray the fits behind the third row seat, and makes a flat platform when third row seat is in down position. Seats were brand new with plastic still on the headrests.

Got home and pulled up the carpet in the cargo area, and dug out the sealant from all the factory threaded holes. Unlike the earlier generation third row seat, there are no "brackets" to source--mounts are attached to the third row seat (also it does not flip forward like earlier generation). Just need to order a new set of third row seatbelts from the dealership, and the swap will be complete. I will post the seat belt part numbers when I get them, should anyone else be interested in upgrading.

2. el_flores

el_flores Full Access Member

Name:
    Chalo
    I have been waiting for somebody to do this to see if it could be done. I'm glad you posted this. Did you have to buy bolts, did they come with the seat, or are you just using any bolts that will work?

3. mp_tx

mp_tx TYF Newbie

Name:
    Matt
    I got 4 of the necessary 7 bolts for installation with the purchase. They are M8--not sure of length. Maybe an inch or inch and a quarter (whatever the metric equivalent). I am going to look at some grade 5 or 8 to make up the remaining needed, but will also price them out when I order the seat belts from the dealer.