New Tahoe Distribution Updates -1/17/21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing new here, just what we learned last week about the power sliding console.

Distribution Updates​

Updates for Tahoe Retail and Fleet​

Week of 1/17/2022​

Effective 1/17/2022, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Interior section-(DCH) Console, floor, power-sliding center, changed footnote 1 to read "Not available at this time. Requires (WPL) Luxury Package with (ATN) second row power bucket seats.". Also, changed footnote 2 to read "Not included at this time. Please select (D07) floor console. Deleted when (ATT) second row power 60/40 split-folding bench seats are ordered.".

JJDewar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please help me understand what I should be expecting. I ordered a Z71 6.2 and pretty much all options except Brembo brakes on Jan 2nd. I have been reading about the constraints so I called my dealer to see if I should remove the rear entertainment and the sliding console to speed up my build. He said it should not be an issue since GM already excepted my order. Trying to understand if this means I was lucky and got in just before some of the constraints and I should have a build date in the next couple of months or I am going to be waiting a very very long time. I did order from a fairly big dealer in my area with a lot of allocations. Sorry if this has been asked before my salesman did tell me much except that GM would have rejected my order if there were constraints at that time.

Elise201424

Reaction score
Please help me understand what I should be expecting. I ordered a Z71 6.2 and pretty much all options except Brembo brakes on Jan 2nd. I have been reading about the constraints so I called my dealer to see if I should remove the rear entertainment and the sliding console to speed up my build. He said it should not be an issue since GM already excepted my order. Trying to understand if this means I was lucky and got in just before some of the constraints and I should have a build date in the next couple of months or I am going to be waiting a very very long time. I did order from a fairly big dealer in my area with a lot of allocations. Sorry if this has been asked before my salesman did tell me much except that GM would have rejected my order if there were constraints at that time.
Sorry to tell you but gm accepting your order almost means nothing. Only that yes they agree at some time they will build your order. Your dealership gets allocation each week in Thursday. So on Thursday they go through their own internal list ( check to see how many people are ahead of you) and work their way down. They will look at what they got allocation for the week and how many orders they can fill. If your fully loaded it will be difficult. For example the rear entertainment is not available until march. So unless that gets lifted sooner then you have to wait for that. That goes the same with everything you ordered. That’s why we are all waiting for the constraints because it will tell us what we would have to remove on our order to get it pushed through. That is if your first in line with your dealership. Just guessing that your not number one in mine probably much lower. So you also have to to wait for those to go through. Unless they also are waiting for an item to come off constraints. Then it will go to the next person in line.

JJDewar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you but gm accepting your order almost means nothing. Only that yes they agree at some time they will build your order. Your dealership gets allocation each week in Thursday. So on Thursday they go through their own internal list ( check to see how many people are ahead of you) and work their way down. They will look at what they got allocation for the week and how many orders they can fill. If your fully loaded it will be difficult. For example the rear entertainment is not available until march. So unless that gets lifted sooner then you have to wait for that. That goes the same with everything you ordered. That’s why we are all waiting for the constraints because it will tell us what we would have to remove on our order to get it pushed through. That is if your first in line with your dealership. Just guessing that your not number one in mine probably much lower. So you also have to to wait for those to go through. Unless they also are waiting for an item to come off constraints. Then it will go to the next person in line.
Thanks that's pretty much what I figured. Its pretty confusing and my dealer is only telling me they placed my order with GM and it was accepted. I am not in a rush but was just trying to gauge what to expect. Now I will just sit and wait.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you need to ask your dealer for is the status code and TPW. Constraints that come up after your past 1100 may not be an issue.

JJDewar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What you need to ask your dealer for is the status code and TPW. Constraints that come up after your past 1100 may not be an issue.
I am more confused by what the Dealer is telling me. I texted him asking for my status code and TPW. He said "not yet, the next round of orders pulls should come on Tuesday" So does this mean he has not ordered my Tahoe yet? He told me 3 days after I order it it was accepted by GM. Or its been accepted but has not been picked up by GM?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I understand it…you go to the dealer and place the order…they will configure your build and enter it into GMs system. like the other post said, at this point it’s been accepted by GM, but there isn’t a build date given because GM only moves forward when they have given the green light in the order to proceed…this is where the allocations come in…a dealer may have 20 Tahoes in line to order but may only get one or two allocations a week and then those are trim specific…so if the dealer only has high country and premier orders and they are allocated a Z71, those other orders get passed over

JJDewar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The way I understand it…you go to the dealer and place the order…they will configure your build and enter it into GMs system. like the other post said, at this point it’s been accepted by GM, but there isn’t a build date given because GM only moves forward when they have given the green light in the order to proceed…this is where the allocations come in…a dealer may have 20 Tahoes in line to order but may only get one or two allocations a week and then those are trim specific…so if the dealer only has high country and premier orders and they are allocated a Z71, those other orders get passed over
Thank you I understand now. Wish the dealer would have explained this to me a little better. Thanks Again

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks that's pretty much what I figured. Its pretty confusing and my dealer is only telling me they placed my order with GM and it was accepted. I am not in a rush but was just trying to gauge what to expect. Now I will just sit and wait.
What is your order status code?

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 1100 means the dealer put your order in the system. 2000 means GM has picked the order up to be built. If you are still at 1100 then current constraints would apply to you as order has not made it to 2000. Another caveat to the entire thing is if they run out of something on the line during your build you will either go into delayed 3800 delayed or MP status 4d00 and then it’s a crap shoot when it will be completed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec