2022 Tahoe RST 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live on the west coast of Michigan. I owned a 2002 Tahoe LT years ago. My favorite vehicle I’ve owned. I just ordered my 2022 Tahoe RST 6.2L. Satin Steel Metallic, Luxury Package, Sport Performance Pack (6.2L V8 w/Magnetic Ride Control), Panoramic Sun Roof, Front/Rear Splash Guards, Power Folding 2nd Row Buckets, Power Sliding Console, All weather floor liners, All weather cargo Matt, Cargo Net, and Retractable Cargo Cover.
I have the exact same build order on 12/5/21. Only difference is the color. I went with the cherry Red (allowed the kids to choose the color). 2nd choice was definitely the Satin Steel. I regret not asking the dealer allocation questions. I received an order number the ext day but naturally GM have not accepted the order yet. Hopefully we are not waiting for a long time. I have a feeling ordering the Sport Package may hold this order up. I see this Sport Package constantly on the GM constraint list SMH. I really hope to have this vehicle by mid April. Trying to be as reasonable as possible.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered your same exact build on 12/5/21. I pray I get this vehicle by May and I am being extremely patient and reasonable in my honest opinion. Only difference is that I went with the Cherry Red color. My last 2 vehicles were grayish and wanted to change it up a bit. I can honestly say this is my first and last time ordering a vehicle in these conditions. Next time Ill just wait for one in transit that fits my wants. I found a dealer doing MSRP and a great sales guy and I just want to start and finish with them. Thus far, best experience I’ve had with a dealership thus far.

Buffalown

Reaction score
I have the exact same build order on 12/5/21. Only difference is the color. I went with the cherry Red (allowed the kids to choose the color). 2nd choice was definitely the Satin Steel. I regret not asking the dealer allocation questions. I received an order number the ext day but naturally GM have not accepted the order yet. Hopefully we are not waiting for a long time. I have a feeling ordering the Sport Package may hold this order up. I see this Sport Package constantly on the GM constraint list SMH. I really hope to have this vehicle by mid April. Trying to be as reasonable as possible.
I put in an order for RST in Dark Ash on 12/17 with sport performance package. I know I want the 6.2 and MRC but not crazy about the quad exhaust. Does anyone know if the sport package can be ordered without it? I'm just wondering if the quad exhaust will be loud and I've seen older vehicles with this type of exhaust where it starts to look dirty after a while. I'm planning on keeping this for a long time and thinking the regular exhaust might hold up better in terms of aesthetics over time.

OP
OP
2022TahoeRST

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
My order has been accepted, just hasn’t been scheduled yet. I knew they weren’t going to start any builds in January with the Sport Performance Package. Hopefully pretty quick after the new year it’ll get scheduled. I’m figuring late February/early March delivery. I’ll definitely be patient with the really good deal I got.

OP
OP
2022TahoeRST

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
Did they give you a build date yet? I just put my order in for the same thing (different color) and they are telling me it will be at least January until it is built. :(
Still no build date, told it should come shortly after the new year.

OP
OP
2022TahoeRST

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
Did they give you a build date yet? I just put my order in for the same thing (different color) and they are telling me it will be at least January until it is built. :(
Now I’m getting from GM Chat that it is NOT accepted by GM yet, that’s just submitted by the dealer. Ordered on 10/8

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, and I’m hearing it may be awhile. I just switched by order to a high country with the 6.2 and it was officially accepted within the hour. Hope to see a TPD tomorrow.

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think from reading some of the stuff you ordered is on constraint list. That’s why the first one I ordered just sat there and never went anywhere.

beefcake83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now I’m getting from GM Chat that it is NOT accepted by GM yet, that’s just submitted by the dealer. Ordered on 10/8

I got lucky and picked ours up a couple weeks ago. Not sure why it was so fast, but I’m not complaining one bit. It is an incredible vehicle and the 6.2 was completely worth the wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe