New Subs wll come with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you keeping the factory door speakers? and in order for the bass not to drown it out just adjust your amp for your normal volume( in other words turn your radio up as loud as you would probably turn it up thenadjust the gain on the subwoofer amp to your liking)

OP
OP
gmcjohn

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am keeping the factory speakers for now. So im thinking I will et the hu, subs, and one amp to begin with. See how the stock speakers sound with the new hu then if I really need to I can get another amp and more speakers later.

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are using your stock speakers then you might want to spend the additional money on the amp or subs rather then a HU. With the stock speakers and the stock wiring you won't notice much sound quality improvement at all. Just my .02... But if you are also looking for that cool aftermarket HU look then ignore what I just said.
You would need to know what model JL subs they are to know if it is a good deal. For example if they are w0 or w1's I would say leave it. W3's or w6's I would say ****** them up quick.

x2 with buying from onlinecarstereo.com by far best prices I've found

OP
OP
gmcjohn

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upon further review I think Im going to upgrade the speakers eventually but one thing at a time. Thanks for all the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen