New stereo install question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02 Suburban LT non Bose

First don't bust my balls about not searching I'm at work and figured it would be a quick install. I'm sure it's been answered before.

Installing an alpine head unit. Stock unit has two plugs(big and small)and the antenna

Alpine has one plug and antenna.

No sound from speakers unless the smaller plug is plugged in(even on stock unit) and the alpine unit has no spot for the other plug. so what part am I missing, I ordered from crutchfield and they supplied the harness.

Last edited:

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock unit used one plug to power the radio and one that connected the speakers. The aplpine runs everything from the one plug. You should have received an adapter harness that has two female plugs and one male or two female plugs with wires that you connect to the harness that came in the box with your new radio.

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I received was one harness male/ wire that goes to the alpine harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sonic gives you free dash kits, adapters for antenna's and discounted harness' at check out lol

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your not in a huge hurry I can take a gander in my shop for a harness, I know I have one from my Alpine. Just cant remember what GM vehicle the harness is for my 03 hoe, 04 hoe, 03 duramax, o3 yukon xl or my 07 Sierra NBS lmao.

No charge for it its been sitting in a bag for a while. May take a day to find it and a day to ship it.

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your not in a huge hurry I can take a gander in my shop for a harness, I know I have one from my Alpine. Just cant remember what GM vehicle the harness is for my 03 hoe, 04 hoe, 03 duramax, o3 yukon xl or my 07 Sierra NBS lmao.

No charge for it its been sitting in a bag for a while. May take a day to find it and a day to ship it.

Yea if you find it I'll pay for shipping. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65