New Shocks Rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello-
I recently installed new shocks on my Yukon. The top of the shock seems to be rubbing against the housing it is bolted too. The best way to describe it is that the eye of the shock slid to the left a little bit and the round part above the silver piston part is rubbing up against there right where the boot starts. It's making a terrible squeaking noise but I am unsure how to fix this. I used the metal tubes that came with the shocks to install into the rubber bushing before installing with the bolts. Did I miss something here? Any one else experienced this? It is happening on both sides.

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the shock tube itself rubbing the body of the shock or the mounting location on the truck thats rubbing on the eye? If its the eye rubbing the mounting point you might just want to put grease on the bushing. Pics may help a little too

OP
OP
G

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, some pics would help. I was able to push the shock to left in this pic but it will probably slide back. This is happening on both sides in the front. 98 4x4 yukon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 14

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would say take it out and put some tubing or washers in there so it wont slide around. might be a bad bushing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali