New Tahoe Owner - 2019 rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWesley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!! Just bought a 2019 Tahoe LT on Tuesday…its all factory equipped with 60k miles… two things I wanted to run by the group.:

1. Right when I start it, it makes sort of a squealing sound as it cranks up. But goes away immediately. Any thoughts on what it could be?

2. When I turn the wheel all the way to the left or right, it sounds like the tires are rubbing up against the wheel well. I checked to see if any part of the wheel well is flapping or loose, but everything is in tact. Just wanted to see if anyone has run into this before. There are no custom wheels, lifts or anything special on the car, just the 20" premium wheels that came on it from the factory.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The initial squeal could be glazed belt(s). If you have the means, remove belt and do a start and see if noise is gone. If it is, replace the belt. Maybe tensioner problem but the mileage is very low for that to be happening.

When you experience the rub noise, is that on completely flat ground or uneven/curb/turn in undulation? Is it at all times or intermittently? Need to crank the wheel all the way right and left and get under there and inspect. Have a helper, keep in park, turn all the way while you look with a light.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

As stated above, the squeal is most likely belt related. You probably have 2 belts and 2 belt tensioners, and one of these may be the source of the issue.

For rubbing, have a helper turn the wheels ALL the way to the left and then all the way to the right holding the steering wheel tight at each furthest position, while you closely inspect the wheel well and the tires for any contact.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the rubbing issue on my 2018 Escalade and I used police tie-wrap to pull it back a little. I had slight when I had Goodyear Touring than when I changed to Michelin Defender LTX it got worse. Just drill two holes on the fender liner towards the front and tie around the frame. The passenger rear liner I had to trim with knife and the driver rear liner I had to drill two holes and tie around the frame. It’s all good now! I have been told that every truck is either different or off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne