New shocks for 2010 z71 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pt1965

Reaction score
so i replaced original equip ranchos with leveling kit with bilstein 5100 on front adjusted at top to to level it out. and monroe ma830 air adjusts on rear for my boat towing. also replace ball joints with moog 6541
so, i am a little dissapointed that i dont have the perfect ride yet. it is level like before and it doesnt squat when i tow the sea ray if i pump up the back. it does feel more solid when i hit the bumps but still has a shimmy in the steering wheel at interstate speeds. so, it must be the yokohama tires. i think i need some michelin ltx all terrains!

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you suspect steering components being the cause of your steering issues?

OP
OP
pt1965

pt1965

Reaction score
your right, its 9 yrs old, 160k and theres alot of pivot points in the steering linkage and rack. i just cant verify it and its too expensive to start changing it out without proof.

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires aren't cheap nor a common cause for a shimmy.

Get underneath the vehicle and start investigating.

Loose steering rack? Sway links? Sway bushings?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu