New Premier!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone assigns value to different things. Having a budget and sticking to it is not a bad thing or something to mock
Again….lol. The $495 savings as a “I’m flexing my budget smarts” maneuver on a $70k plus vehicle was a poor example by the commenter. What is that like $14.50 per month on an average 3 yr note…..? Impossible to comprehend somebody is stressing on that….?….no. It’s just highly unlikely that person is, simultaneously, buying a $70k vehicle. Nobody is mocking anything, rather, just pointing out the absurdity.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The $495 paint up-charge was nothing, I rolled the $620 license fee into my financing. Thanks Michigan.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've often questioned this charge for colors strategy GM has.
I could see it on the paint colors which require more processing...but it is inconsistent.
Furthermore, at least on the GMC/Chevy vehicles, the same colors are availble with different pricing.
GMC: Summit White is standard price, all others are $495, except the Pearl White, which is $1095
Chevy: All colors are standard price (same color choices as GMC), except Cherry Red Tintcoat for $459 and Pearl White which is $995
Caddi: Black Raven is standard price, others are $695, and Pearl White is $1295

It is purely a marketing strategy, I just find it odd, because it clearly is a zero additional cost thing in MFG, except for the multi-step process colors...

Marketing is funny sometimes.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great color! Price sounds great as well. Congratulations!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again….lol. The $495 savings as a “I’m flexing my budget smarts” maneuver on a $70k plus vehicle was a poor example by the commenter. What is that like $14.50 per month on an average 3 yr note…..? Impossible to comprehend somebody is stressing on that….?….no. It’s just highly unlikely that person is, simultaneously, buying a $70k vehicle. Nobody is mocking anything, rather, just pointing out the absurdity.
Except if it no Value to YOU. While color is reasonably important to me, if I could get a functionally useful option for the same money that actually does something for me daily….it’s a no brainer.
I doubt that the 495 is the issue per se…

RVAHokie

Reaction score
The post I responded to was mocking him however. And if you don’t understand how $500 here and there add up then that’s ok.

Again, people assign value to different items then you or I.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasnt out to mock anyone or call someone out by any means. People can do whatever they wish.

I was just very surprised somebody would not get a color they wanted because it was an extra $500 above a $70,000+ vehicle.

Carry on!

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except if it no Value to YOU. While color is reasonably important to me, if I could get a functionally useful option for the same money that actually does something for me daily….it’s a no brainer.
I doubt that the 495 is the issue per se…
Except that he said it was….it’s just a strange place/way to be explain being cheap. Like the guy that orders a fountain drink, minus ice, so they get more for their money. Whatever. I digress.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I completely agree.

I was just getting at saving $500 on a $70k purchase dosnt really hardly even consider sticking to a budget per say. Especially when it entails not getting something as important as a desired color of a vehicle…although i do understand that may not be all that important to some people. To me it is everything.

We are all different in our own ways, thats what makes the world go around!