New Premier!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! The Red is perfect! Then again I am biased :)

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 264586 View attachment 264585 View attachment 264584 Just purchased this Tahoe a couple weeks ago and LOVE it so far. So far we have only been getting the check reverse lamp warning and no other problems. Can only hope it stays that way! MSRP was $73,850 and we were able to get it for 65,870 after a Costco rebate, but before a $200 doc fee and tax. Not sure if that’s the “best deal” but we are very happy. Going to get front windows tinted on Saturday. Undecided on whether to get the front brow tint like I’ve had on previous vehicles and loved. Has anyone else had that done? Would like to see what it looks like.
That's a fantastic price! Congrats on your truck. How did the Costco rebate program work?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a fantastic price! Congrats on your truck. How did the Costco rebate program work?
The Costco program today is virtually non-existent. This post was from Dec. 2020. The idea behind the program is you build what you want on their website, put in your contact information along with Costco member number and then you get a call back from the participating dealer that is closest to you. The Costco price is locked-in up front, but it doesn't prevent dealers from adding $2000 in interior/paint protection.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Costco program today is virtually non-existent. This post was from Dec. 2020. The idea behind the program is you build what you want on their website, put in your contact information along with Costco member number and then you get a call back from the participating dealer that is closest to you. The Costco price is locked-in up front, but it doesn't prevent dealers from adding $2000 in interior/paint protection.
Whoops... I didn't notice that it was from 2020... LOL! Thank you.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that red, almost bought that color if not for the paint upcharge. Nice 22s also, those are my favorite rims. Enjoy!

You didnt get that color on a $70-80 thousand dollar vehicle because there was a $495 upcharge?!

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didnt get that color on a $70-80 thousand dollar vehicle because there was a $495 upcharge?!
Yep, gotta draw the line somewhere and paint color carries no functional value. I didn't get to a position where I could afford a $70k vehicle by dropping 5 bills on paint.

Last edited:

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, gotta draw the line somewhere and paint color carries no functional value. I didn't get to a position where I could afford a $70k vehicle by dropping 5 bills on paint.
Lol. Ok. It’s like less than 1% of the msrp.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You didnt get to the point that you could afford a $70k vehicle by saving a measly $500 on your $70k purchases.

Im just saying, if you can afford a $70+k vehicle, a $495 upcharge for something as important as paint color (which to me is waaaaaay more important than some functionality items) shouldnt be a deal breaker IMO. I do understand having to draw the line somewhere in many instances in life…that wouldnt be one of them though haaaaaaa.

I still dont think i have seen that color in person yet on these new rigs. Looks fantastic in pictures!

RVAHokie

Reaction score
You didnt get to the point that you could afford a $70k vehicle by saving a measly $500 on your $70k purchases.

Im just saying, if you can afford a $70+k vehicle, a $495 upcharge for something as important as paint color (which to me is waaaaaay more important than some functionality items) shouldnt be a deal breaker IMO. I do understand having to draw the line somewhere in many instances in life…that wouldnt be one of them though haaaaaaa.

I still dont think i have seen that color in person yet on these new rigs. Looks fantastic in pictures!
Everyone assigns value to different things. Having a budget and sticking to it is not a bad thing or something to mock

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a $495 charge for all colors except white?

I think I paid it for black, while black is no charge on the Escalade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman