New Pioneer head unit with factory Bose system sounds terrible.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjs0001

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Escalade with the factory Bose system. I just installed a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head unit with the Axxess GMOS-4 wiring harness and steering wheel controls. I really enjoyed the sound from my factory head unit. The Pioneer isn’t nearly as loud and doesn’t sound as good. Do y’all have any suggestions?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Escalade with the factory Bose system. I just installed a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head unit with the Axxess GMOS-4 wiring harness and steering wheel controls. I really enjoyed the sound from my factory head unit. The Pioneer isn’t nearly as loud and doesn’t sound as good. Do y’all have any suggestions?
sounds like you are using the wrong axxess adapter, from what I read the gmos-4 is designed for amplified radio's, what you need is a adapter that retains bose

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you gone through all the pioneer settings aswell? pioneer has came leaps and strides with thier adjustability vs years ago when i used to use them. they are set low everything by default.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you provide more detailed information on what you define as 'terrible' sound? A more detailed description (less volume, more distortion, less lows versus highs, etc.) will help us assist you in getting to a solution.

OP
OP
Fjs0001

Fjs0001

Reaction score
The factory Bose unit sounded clear at all levels of volume. The pioneer doesn't have much volume and it sounds muffled. I just remembered that the Axxess harness has a gain knob. I'm going to try adjusting that, but I dont know what to do about the muffled sound. I tried tuning the pioneer, but i couldn't get it to sound as clear as the Bose. I'm going to play with it some more when I get home from work.

OP
OP
Fjs0001

Fjs0001

Reaction score
sounds like you are using the wrong axxess adapter, from what I read the gmos-4 is designed for amplified radio's, what you need is a adapter that retains bose
I just called Axxess and they said I bought the correct one. I didnt realize I was going to lose my rear audio controls and 5 cd disc player. I might return everything and go back to factory.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just called Axxess and they said I bought the correct one. I didnt realize I was going to lose my rear audio controls and 5 cd disc player. I might return everything and go back to factory.
What does the Pioneer look like?

EDIT: Looks like a nice radio.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as the deck is dual zone then a maestro rr will retain the rear audio & bose dsp, not sure on the disc player though, you can call and ask them

OP
OP
Fjs0001

Fjs0001

Reaction score
I turned the potentiometer up on the axxess unit and it sounds great now. I’m still bummed that no one can’t hear my rear DVD player though. Maestro unfortunately doesn’t offer a kit for a 2005 Escalade.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it would cut everything else out but you could just find the audio wires for the dvd player. connect those to the audio input on the pioneer if it has it. not the aux jack but the rca inputs on the rear of the radio.