Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all new guy here. Thinking about trading my 99 burb 1500 for a 06 escalade awd with 170k. I'm down sizing my vehicle because we don't have any need for such a big vehicle anymore but still need a 3rd row SUV and want to tow occasionally. Getting ready to hit the forum and learn the ins and outs before I make my decision. Is there any advice from current 06 Escalade owners about things that I should look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all new guy here. Thinking about trading my 99 burb 1500 for a 06 escalade awd with 170k. I'm down sizing my vehicle because we don't have any need for such a big vehicle anymore but still need a 3rd row SUV and want to tow occasionally. Getting ready to hit the forum and learn the ins and outs before I make my decision. Is there any advice from current 06 Escalade owners about things that I should look for?

Welcome.

I don't have an Escalade, but I do have an '05 Denali AWD with 162k. From what I understand the main difference between my Yukon and the Escalade is that my 6.0L is an LQ4 engine and the Caddy would have an LQ9. The LQ9 has a higher compression ratio, and as a result requires 91+ gas.

Other than that you are going to be looking at the same issues all the other GMT800s have at that mileage / age depending on maintenance.

This would be a great thread to start reading up:

Thinking of Buying a 00-06 NBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an 04 with 162k and love it, only real issues with this generation Escalade/Denali is the AWD front diff they tend to have issues even ones that have had the fluid changed regularly just listen for any sounds from the front diff when your driving it, besides that and the brake lines just check it over good, if it was well maintained it should last awhile

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys and thanks for the info. Yeah we test drove it and I did notice that humming noise from the front end and couldn't tell if it was a CV joint or bad tires or the front diff. Everything worked on the interior was in pretty good shape which is what my main concern was. I looked underneath it and it didn't seem to have any frame damage so it doesn't look wrecked a run a Carfax on it when I get home. I was actually just getting started reading that link on the forum thank you for that. I guess we'll seedo you guys think 13 five is too much to pay for it

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys and thanks for the info. Yeah we test drove it and I did notice that humming noise from the front end and couldn't tell if it was a CV joint or bad tires or the front diff. Everything worked on the interior was in pretty good shape which is what my main concern was. I looked underneath it and it didn't seem to have any frame damage so it doesn't look wrecked a run a Carfax on it when I get home. I was actually just getting started reading that link on the forum thank you for that. I guess we'll seedo you guys think 13 five is too much to pay for it

$13,500?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC Jonathon!!

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes lol sorry voice to Tex sucks

Dealer I take it? What's the KBB say? Seems kinda high to me with the mileage, I picked up mine with 158k and change paid 6k, maybe the market is higher $ in your area, if it's clean, has a warranty and you can have your mechanic check it over id be willing to go a lil over the KBB it's worth it imo for a clean truck

OP
OP
J

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer I take it? What's the KBB say? Seems kinda high to me with the mileage, I picked up mine with 158k and change paid 6k, maybe the market is higher $ in your area, if it's clean, has a warranty and you can have your mechanic check it over id be willing to go a lil over the KBB it's worth it imo for a clean truck

Yes it's at a dealership called regal auto sales. It's a buy here pay here place but it has good ratings with the bbb and google. Still fixing my credit and this is the only place that has "decent" vehicles lol that will work with me. Aside from down sizing my burb has some issues that are expensive to fix and I don't have the ability to repair my vehicle my self out side regular maintenance. Compared to other ones I've seen it's pretty clean. Very few scrapes and door dings on the outside. Typical interior wear like buttons are worn, but seats are not torn and heaters work, stereo plays normal but is missing the nav disk. All dash functions work good and no check engine lights. Ran it to autozone and the code reader didn't pull any codes. And it's rust free and in Kansas that's hard to find! Lol. Haven't checked kbb yet. When I looked it over everything seemed intact. Best looked good no sign of accidents on frame and spare tire was inn place. Couldn't see any leaks and didn't smell any funny on the test drive. Has good pick up and go and shifted smoothe. Did hear some noise from the front and had a slight shimmy. Air ride seemed to work correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman