New SC member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkstar72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured it was time to stop lurking and open a profile to dig deeper on any issues that might come up with my new (to me) truck, 2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali. This is my first experience with a top trim level truck and the 6.2L engine. I traded in my 2011 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT with the 5.3L that had started to rot out from the decade of use in the Chicagoland area before we moved to South Carolina. Searched for a month to find a decent mileage true southern truck and, after years with the underpowered 5.3L, a full size SUV with the 6.2L engine. After having a 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD with a 6.0L before moving into the Suburban I needed something with more oomph. Thanks for having me around.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to participation in the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OP
OP
Darkstar72

Darkstar72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to participation in the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Here she is when I bought it about a month ago

IMG_0288.jpeg
Here she is now…

140C47A1-B6BD-46B7-A19C-E774375D614F.jpeg

In the first month I’ve already dumped about $2K into it. Wheels, tint, and with the kids the WeatherTech HP floor liners are a must. If you had the OG floor liners before the new HP are so much better. More flexible and I feel fit better with no weird curling on the edges.

Right now I’m in the process of doing a full iron decontamination, clay bar, single stage medium compound polish, and applying a few coats of wax to protect the paint until I get the time to ceramic coat it. Then eventually I would like to change the grille out for the 2018-2020 model year design and swap out the red emblems for black on front and rear.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here she is when I bought it about a month ago

View attachment 410742
Here she is now…

View attachment 410743

In the first month I’ve already dumped about $2K into it. Wheels, tint, and with the kids the WeatherTech HP floor liners are a must. If you had the OG floor liners before the new HP are so much better. More flexible and I feel fit better with no weird curling on the edges.

Right now I’m in the process of doing a full iron decontamination, clay bar, single stage medium compound polish, and applying a few coats of wax to protect the paint until I get the time to ceramic coat it. Then eventually I would like to change the grille out for the 2018-2020 model year design and swap out the red emblems for black on front and rear.
So, has the ac condenser been replaced? Even if you are in the upstate, you will need to enjoy the cool air from all those vents in the summertime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts