new member with a few questions - 09 escalade owner, maybe adding a tahoe soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09tahoehybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me, I have thought about that, but they really love the Escalade, and I do too :D Thank God that we are in a pretty good financial situation that the gas is not a huge concern (that, and we are a big family, and need a 7+ passenger car), just not many nice cars that fit the criteria in the market

Shipping is not costly at all, but I don't really care much about my daily as all my concern is geared towards the future project :) a nice Tahoe/Suburban will be more than fine IMO. So most likely I will go ahead with the plan, my parents and family have been a huge help to me all my life, and I think it is time to put them before myself at least once

-AJ

Awesome its settled then...3/4 ton Suburban. With the luxury package they are very close to the escalade in comfort.

O.K its been long enough....what is this project we've been hearing soo much about??!! ;)

OP
OP
A

ASHRAF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome its settled then...3/4 ton Suburban. With the luxury package they are very close to the escalade in comfort.

O.K its been long enough....what is this project we've been hearing soo much about??!! ;)

That would be pretty much the perfect pick, although I prefer the Tahoe size, but it's not that much of a difference if the benefits are worth it.

It's just a car that I have been drooling over all my life pretty much, and it has been my motivation, seeing as most of you guys are GM fans you may not appreciate it :D but who cares, right :)?

The project is a 2013 Nissan GT-R, 0-60 in 2.7sec and a high 10sec 1/4mile, but I'm not planning on keeping it stock ;) it'll be a long term project / track missile

-AJ

09tahoehybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be pretty much the perfect pick, although I prefer the Tahoe size, but it's not that much of a difference if the benefits are worth it.

It's just a car that I have been drooling over all my life pretty much, and it has been my motivation, seeing as most of you guys are GM fans you may not appreciate it :D but who cares, right :)?

The project is a 2013 Nissan GT-R, 0-60 in 2.7sec and a high 10sec 1/4mile, but I'm not planning on keeping it stock ;) it'll be a long term project / track missile

-AJ

OMG!!! I'm so jealous..great choice, I was expecting some sort of old school muscle car. I know you want to keep miles down but, is trailering a GT-R really necessary? The resale value of it in the middle east should be pretty good even with slightly higher miles.
I say buy a 2012 Escalade (they have an sexy integrated exhaust now) and just drive the GT-R godzilla to the track!

OP
OP
A

ASHRAF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OMG!!! I'm so jealous..great choice, I was expecting some sort of old school muscle car. I know you want to keep miles down but, is trailering a GT-R really necessary? The resale value of it in the middle east should be pretty good even with slightly higher miles.
I say buy a 2012 Escalade (they have an sexy integrated exhaust now) and just drive the GT-R godzilla to the track!

It is not necessary at all, but I wanna keep the car probably forever, so I don't wanna put unnecessary miles just driving it to the track and back (sometimes over 800 mile round trip

plus, if something breaks, towing the car between 2 countries can be very costly, plus, I don't trust most towing companies there

the old muscle is coming later, it'll be a 65 shelby cobra kit car, a friend of mine and I just opened a shop there, and want to use that for publicity, so we'll be starting the build sometime soon.

I saw the new Escalade and I thought about trading the '09 for it, but mine is in such a perfect condition that I don't think I wanna trade it. I am the first owner and the car barely has 20k miles on it, no stories what-so-ever, and cleaner than it looked leaving the dealership. So I'll probably just keep it.

Towing is something that we're gonna need for the shop weather it's the GTR or other cars, so I wanted to get a daily that can do both and not have to buy an extra truck down the road, but I get what you are saying.

-AJ

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

-AJ

oh wow... if I had ONE car (not a truck/SUV that is bc that's all I will drive).... it would be a Nissan GT-R... good choice my friend :Handshake:

OP
OP
A

ASHRAF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
oh wow... if I had ONE car (not a truck/SUV that is bc that's all I will drive).... it would be a Nissan GT-R... good choice my friend :Handshake:

Thank you sir :) To me, this car is everything I want and more (except being an SUV :D )

I've always had an SUV + a fun car, and that combination seems to be the perfect combination for me as I need more seats than the average person (big family :) ), if I could do it any other way, I would want a truck instead of the SUV, a 6.6 turbo diesel is amazing (and yes I did consider the dura burb :D, but it's not something I wanna jump into now)

-AJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77