New Member/My Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Talk to me, I heard all kinds of stuff. I'm actually in the process of upgrading Soulsea helped a lot with some of my questions. I really want 24's but after hours of research it came down to the ride not being the best on 24's and people having too many problems with brakes etc... So I decided to go with 22's so I don't compromise too much on the way the tahoe ride feels. I'm not too worry about the mpgs I will loose. But I care about the brakes and steering. The other thing I was worry about is any warranties being void. Also any problems with the hybrid mode. Would the factory tire pressure sensors work with new set of wheels? Thanks in advance

Smart move.

Aesthetically, 24s with dish offer up the best proportions or look, but it's way too big of a functional trade-off for me to feel good about "riding on blades" so to speak.

You take a risk as owner any time you swap out OEM configuration with something else as a substitute. And when you go 22s or bigger, you definitely want to lower it to reduce the wheel gap which entails swapping out springs and shocks with non-OEM components. It's a slippery slope many can't handle that I handle with great discipline as I know exactly what I want (i.e. know how to finish).

I currently run 18s with big sidewall and use aftermarket sensors that my local tire shop sells (zero issues to date). I love the rugged look and ride quality. I'm lowered, too. To date, no issues except for a squeaky parking brake pedal.

But boy some of you guys sure do like your reflective plastic. :D I love that the Hybrid comes with body colored trim pieces. I even vinyled the factory grill black.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cjtheplayer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Smart move.

Aesthetically, 24s with dish offer up the best proportions or look, but it's way too big of a functional trade-off for me to feel good about "riding on blades" so to speak.

You take a risk as owner any time you swap out OEM configuration with something else as a substitute. And when you go 22s or bigger, you definitely want to lower it to reduce the wheel gap which entails swapping out springs and shocks with non-OEM components. It's a slippery slope many can't handle that I handle with great discipline as I know exactly what I want (i.e. know how to finish).

I currently run 18s with big sidewall and use aftermarket sensors that my local tire shop sells (zero issues to date). I love the rugged look and ride quality. I'm lowered, too. To date, no issues except for a squeaky parking brake pedal.

But boy some of you guys sure do like your reflective plastic. :D I love that the Hybrid comes with body colored trim pieces. I even vinyled the factory grill black.

So far is good with the stock sensors and the new shoes. I was wondering what kind of lowering kits are you guys using and how much of a drop or what is the best set up, I mean how many inches on the back and the front? I seems like, there is a big gap now between the fenders and the tire walls. So I was going to drop it anyways but even more now?

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a lot of dudes here go pretty aggressive. i tend to not like that as i found it degrades the ride and it just looks too dumped or top heavy given that it is in fact a full sized suv. it screams i'm modified.

given my conservative tastes with this truck, i lowered about 1.75" in the rear and maybe .5 to 1" in the front. it looked great when i had 22s and looks kinda ppv with my current 18s with aggressive looking AT tires.

i got the setup through a vendor on this site (tony). four belltech shocks, a 1" spacer in the rear and so-called 2" lowering springs for the rear. i reused my front oem spring as the front shocks are height adjustable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123