New member-Bill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SolApathy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Evening everyone,

Just purchased a low mileage 2007 Tahoe LT and am very happy with it. I of course am working through repairing the various issues that some with a vehicle this old though.

Exterior is in perfect shape, but currently this is the fun I am having

-Power folding mirrors make noise but don't close (I've read about the lovely gears in these that break).
-Driver power mirror does not move correctly using the control. Have to manually adjust it
-Driver lumber "push" into the back is not working. looks like it is the motor assembly on the right that has a cable that is not linked into the gear assembly.
-Passenger seat power makes noise but does not move back and forth. I suspect a broken gear
-Rear liftgate window does not open, wiper also not working...Looking at the schematics I se the circuit is in series (and have identified the button is missing) So am guessing that broken switch is the problem.
-Driver heated seat control does not respond correctly.
-Steering wheel "trim" is breaking down and sticky.
-Cannot fill gas more than 10 seconds before pump turns off. Expect this is an issue with the vent or charcoal cannister.

All little issues, but I love projects and I expect this to be one

You can follow my completed projects HERE

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Gruven Parts is going to be your friend for some of these repairs unless you just go out and buy new mirrors and seat tracks and such.

You can buy used steering wheels in great condition for less than you can buy the OE replacement trim pieces.

Is it a 4x4 and Z71? Got pics? Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
S

SolApathy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! Gruven Parts is going to be your friend for some of these repairs unless you just go out and buy new mirrors and seat tracks and such.

You can buy used steering wheels in great condition for less than you can buy the OE replacement trim pieces.

Is it a 4x4 and Z71? Got pics? Merry Christmas!

Thanks, yeah, it's the 2x4 LT, no pictures yet. That will be this weekend once I have some actual time. Forgot---Large amount of condensation in passenger headlight.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan