New Hybrid owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmystartup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and to GMC ownership. We just picked up a 2008 Yukon Hybrid over the weekend and hope to enjoy it for years to come. At first glance I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the vehicle. We traded in our 2006 Jaguar XJ8 and the Yukon has nearly as nice of a ride on the highway. With a growing family and an RV to tow the other vehicle wasn't cutting the mustard.

I've been perusing the forum and will try to keep the dumb questions to a minimum. One thing I'm wondering is if there is a source where I can look up my VIN to see if all factory recalls and major TSB's have been addressed?

I also noticed a sound from behind the Radio/Nav system when the vehicle was turned off and sitting quietly in the garage. After googling around it might be the Navigation cd running when I open the door but was hoping someone could verify that for me.

Looking forward to digging into the forum more. There seems to be a lot of well informed members here.

Cheers,
Peter

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The noise you hear is the navigation system reading the disc. It does this whenever you do basically anything to the vehicle.

OP
OP
J

jimmystartup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The noise you hear is the navigation system reading the disc. It does this whenever you do basically anything to the vehicle.

Thanks. I was a bit unnerved by it but after some searching it sounds like it is completely normal.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just the nav disc, nothing to worry about! Enjoy your hoe! If you head to the dealer, they should be able to run your vin and check the TSB and recalls. If there is a recall (voluntary and required) I believe they're required to follow it before they sell

OP
OP
J

jimmystartup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Called the dealer, gave 'em my VIN and everything came back A-OK. The guy I spoke with made a point of letting me know I had a five year, 100,000 powertrain warranty. Not sure why, I thought that was standard?

Bam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site....Let's see some pics of the Yukon.

OP
OP
J

jimmystartup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got around to taking some pictures. Just removed the HYBRID stickers today. I think the next step is an HID conversion

Hyrbid-rs.jpg

Hyrbid-ls2.jpg

Hyrbid-ls.jpg

OK - let's try Photobucket

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518