New here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I have been looking at the plug in tuners , I just don't know which one is the better option. I have a SCT Livewire in my mustang and I love it.

Once I figure out if it's gonna stay lifted or drop it back down to earth I will definitely look into those options you mentioned for suspension
I used HP tuners but a lot of people on here talk good about blackbear
The front end parts would be good for whatever application lifted or lowered
Coil overs and control arms will require to you more then likely stay at stock height or between a 2-3.5” lift I made my coil overs work using a upper spacer so I could run it with my lift by far the best mod I’ve done

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You won't find a nightmare here. A**holes do not last long in this Forum.

OP
OP
Tangerine GT

Tangerine GT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I look forward to participating as much as I can , I drive truck so I'm normally out and about for two weeks at a time. I do get some down time from here and there so I will definitely pop in a cruise around the Forum.

Yeah , I was on SN95forums for a few years and then a bunch of younger people showed up and well you know where that goes. Lol

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I look forward to participating as much as I can , I drive truck so I'm normally out and about for two weeks at a time. I do get some down time from here and there so I will definitely pop in a cruise around the Forum.

Yeah , I was on SN95forums for a few years and then a bunch of younger people showed up and well you know where that goes. Lol
Damn Millennials! :)

12lbs boost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

New here myself. I have been on a few forums for cars, trucks, and jeeps over the years and hope to learn from you all.

Just sold my 2013 Tahoe with CCM 2.5 / 1" leveling kit on 33s. Miss her already, but was pissed off when GM would not upgrade my 2G to 4G. So, I sold her and bought myself a nice low miles 2017 Denali. Just lurking and watching / reading what you have all done with your rides.

Happy to be here and looking forward to learning / contributing. This seems like a healthy forum that is not in danger of extinction. Lol

Some pics of my rides attached. All current except for the Tahoe (moment of silence for her)

The "12 lbs. boost" thing should be evident by the roots blown Chevelle pics.

Trevor

Attachments

• 20230106_125758.jpg
    20230106_125758.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221230_165217.jpg
    20221230_165217.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220421_202357.jpg
    20220421_202357.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220903_191703.jpg
    20220903_191703.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220812_174409.jpg
    20220812_174409.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

12lbs boost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Safe to assume you used the 5G to communicate to us all here? Lol

Couple of sweet 70’s there too. I’m a classic guy myself too. Nice rigs.

Welcome!
Thank you, Hoesgottaeat2 (love it)

Explanation re the 2G / 4G : For everyone that has a NNBS Tahoe , Yukon, or Escalade GM would not update the 2G receiver to a 4G receiver like all of our newer rigs have. Apparently, they (GM) offered a new receiver to people in Canada for a fee however??? The cellular providing gods sunset the 2G service in North America as of 2022 Dec. The new minimum standard service is 4G in North America with 5G being the fastest (although 6G is coming & not sure how long it will be) So, all of our GM apps on our cell phone and OnStar no longer work for 2014 and older GM cars. I happen to love the app for starting my car in the summer and winter at work (long way from my car at work) and a few times I locked my keys inside (and dog once lol) and it was very handy.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank you, Hoesgottaeat2 (love it)

Explanation re the 2G / 4G : For everyone that has a NNBS Tahoe , Yukon, or Escalade GM would not update the 2G receiver to a 4G receiver like all of our newer rigs have. Apparently, they (GM) offered a new receiver to people in Canada for a fee however??? The cellular providing gods sunset the 2G service in North America as of 2022 Dec. The new minimum standard service is 4G in North America with 5G being the fastest (although 6G is coming & not sure how long it will be) So, all of our GM apps on our cell phone and OnStar no longer work for 2014 and older GM cars. I happen to love the app for starting my car in the summer and winter at work (long way from my car at work) and a few times I locked my keys inside (and dog once lol) and it was very handy.
Where in NJ are you? There's a Chevelle exactly like that not too far from me.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used HP tuners but a lot of people on here talk good about blackbear
The front end parts would be good for whatever application lifted or lowered
Coil overs and control arms will require to you more then likely stay at stock height or between a 2-3.5” lift I made my coil overs work using a upper spacer so I could run it with my lift by far the best mod I’ve done

I've been disappointed by Blackbear. It seems their service is really good for new customers but after that they don't take care of you quite as well. I went with them because in spite of the higher price, they used to do free tuning for life of car but now they reneged on that and are charging for retunes. Also it seems they have 1 guy (Justin) doing all the tuning so their queue is super long.

I started working with BenTunePerformance out of Missouri. He is super knowledgeable.

...New here myself. I have been on a few forums for cars, trucks, and jeeps over the years and hope to learn from you all.

Just sold my 2013 Tahoe with CCM 2.5 / 1" leveling kit on 33s. Miss her already....

Trevor
Hey, I've seen that 13 Tahoe a few times recently up here in NNJ. How long ago did you sell it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas