New Here / First Thread / First Mods (Yukon XL Denali)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

shb500777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I install a catch can soon after I purchase these vehicles. I feel the biggest help will be after you get some miles on them it helps the intake valves from getting a buildup of burnt oil on them. This will help with the rough idle issue over time. I cured the rough idle issue on my 2017 Denali with this catch can and upper intake spray cleaner from GM.

I am familiar with catch can functionality / installation. Have you installed on the 2023 as well? How is the install on the 6.2L?

OP
OP
S

shb500777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So far I am planning...

1.) WeatherTech MudFlaps (110126-120125)
2.) Autostop Eliminator (AW029)
3.) GMC Floor Liners in Jet Black
4.) GMC Cargo Liner in Jet Black

Looking into...

1.) LED Sign Marker Lighters
2.) LED Puddle Lights
3.) Oil Separator / Catch Can
4.) Corsa Sport Cat-Back Exhaust (21130)

Does anyone have specific GMC / Yukon / Truck sites they like to order from? I will be sure to check out the vendor section as well...

Thanks again!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use your points from the purchase on the GMC accessory website and they are running special pricing for the holidays. Welcome from Central Florida and enjoy your new ride.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I am planning...

Looking into...

2.) LED Puddle Lights

Does anyone have specific GMC / Yukon / Truck sites they like to order from? I will be sure to check out the vendor section as well...

Thanks again!
RockAuto.com GMPartsDirect.com

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from North jersey!

I install a catch can soon after I purchase these vehicles. I feel the biggest help will be after you get some miles on them it helps the intake valves from getting a buildup of burnt oil on them. This will help with the rough idle issue over time. I cured the rough idle issue on my 2017 Denali with this catch can and upper intake spray cleaner from GM.
Mighty Mouse Extreme. Whether you get any other performance mods or not on the truck, everything @ninjaplumber said is correct. I'm a fan of spending good money once up front so I went with the MM can instead of cheap amazon stuff. That's your prerogative tho.
So far I am planning...

Looking into...

2.) LED Puddle Lights

Thanks again!
Husky mudflaps. I had the Weathertechs. The husky's are a little bigger (for the rear). I don't think they make front ones but I would get them if they do.

I'm a fan of the Weathertech floorliners myself (3 rows and short cargo area for when 3rd row is up). Had them in my Avalanche and now in my Burb. Haven't been disappointed yet. Again, personal choice but speaking from experience.

Not sure if there are any handheld tuners for new gen that can do the AFM/DOD delete but I would def do that. This will extend the life of your engine and possibly eliminate

GT Covers if you want a seat cover. Then again if you have leather, you are probably better off getting leather seat treatments done. I have cloth interior and went with the microfiber seat covers. They are awesome and GT Covers lets you customize them if you want map pockets, side pockets, etc. Had these in my Avy as well.

Also - change your fluids early and often. It will avoid a lot of the problems you see people complaining about. Forget what the manual tells you. 3000 miles for oil. 25000 for trans and dif fluid. 30000k for coolant. I'm just shy of a 100k, have a lot of mods, and treat my truck like its a Z06. I have never had any issues with lifter tick, cam lobes, knock, rough idle, and just had my 4th trans fluid change and there isn't a speck of metal in the oil (And I have the 6 speed trans which is NOTORIOUS for self grenading).

CDONNS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So far I am planning...

Looking into...

2.) LED Puddle Lights

Thanks again!

Welcome! I received my Diesel Denali XL in October. So far I have added all Husky X-act Contour floor mats including cargo, I prefer them so much more than weathertech (less "plastic-y"). I also used my GMC points to swap out the puddle lights to the GMC ones and did the side marker LED conversion you're considering using the smoked w/white LED offering. I hardwired a Viofo A139 Pro 2 channel dashcam as well. My next install is the BoostAuto wireless charging pad for the top of the center console (the stock one in the tray area is worthless), they have a black friday sale going on right now for 20% off, it should be here today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts