New here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tangerine GT

Tangerine GT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Nc!
Clean looking rig buddy
Not many jacked up Tahoes on here I need a friend! Don’t go over to the “lower side”
If you need any help give me a shout I’ll do my best to help out
Honestly I've always been the low and fast kind of person , I do like the lifted thing a bit and it is growing on me but I did buy this to eventually build a fast family wagon

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir !

I like I said bought this lifted because it sat on the lot for a while but , I want to go down a boost it down the road. Seems to be good , it has 55K on it so first off I guess the DOD is gonna go

I'm surprised it sat for so long, it really is a nice-looking ride and certainly doesn't look like a 6" lift either.

That would be a good move, either delete it or tune it out for now.

OP
OP
Tangerine GT

Tangerine GT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm surprised it sat for so long, it really is a nice-looking ride and certainly doesn't look like a 6" lift either.

That would be a good move, either delete it or tune it out for now.
Thanks again, I think it was on the lot for 75 day and they dropped the price twice and that's when I moved in
I can take othe suspension pics possibly tomorrow, it's the full Rough Country and they kept the original magnetic suspension setup on it.
I almost had how it rides and it's not Rough or hard but it's like riding in a boat

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Thank you sir !

I like I said bought this lifted because it sat on the lot for a while but , I want to go down a boost it down the road. Seems to be good , it has 55K on it so first off I guess the DOD is gonna go
I tuned mine out or you can get the one you plug in there’s more benefits from a custom tune though
When it gets hot again keep a eye on trans temp tru cook 40k is a good transmission cooler and cheap insurance for longevity
If you ever get tired of the ride quality
Kryptonite makes great lifetime warranty ball joints and tie rods/wheel bearings etc for that thing but with the miles hopefully that won’t come for awhile I’ve put mine to the test and I’m very satisfied
Aftermarket coil overs (icon or king)and nice control arms (fabtech uniballs) made a complete night and day difference in daily driving my Tahoe it made it much more enjoyable for long trips and high/low speeds over bumps it’s very costly but if your keeping it for awhile it would be a good investment I’ve never had good luck with the factory shocks or the rough country shocks

OP
OP
Tangerine GT

Tangerine GT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tuned mine out or you can get the one you plug in there’s more benefits from a custom tune though
When it gets hot again keep a eye on trans temp tru cook 40k is a good transmission cooler and cheap insurance for longevity
If you ever get tired of the ride quality
Kryptonite makes great lifetime warranty ball joints and tie rods/wheel bearings etc for that thing but with the miles hopefully that won’t come for awhile I’ve put mine to the test and I’m very satisfied
Aftermarket coil overs (icon or king)and nice control arms (fabtech uniballs) made a complete night and day difference in daily driving my Tahoe it made it much more enjoyable for long trips and high/low speeds over bumps it’s very costly but if your keeping it for awhile it would be a good investment I’ve never had good luck with the factory shocks or the rough country shocks
I have been looking at the plug in tuners , I just don't know which one is the better option. I have a SCT Livewire in my mustang and I love it.

Once I figure out if it's gonna stay lifted or drop it back down to earth I will definitely look into those options you mentioned for suspension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094