New here and new to GMC/Chevy products (Details, info, questions,in post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Hewitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2013 Yukon XL SLT. Prior to this I have owned all VW, Land Rover, and an XC90.

The Yukon has 144k miles on it. I have nearly al the service records prior to purchase, it was a fleet car. Mostly used for airport and business shuttle services.

So far I have cleaned the throttle body, front brakes and rotors, tires, air filter, and just general cleaning.

issues: Right now I am getting the "clank" in the rear end. After I come to a complete stop, there is a clank after. Begin to accelerate. It is both annoying and worrisome. No issues in driving or shift, just after a stop.

I am not sure if this is an issue or not...I lifted up the rear pass side last night to look at tire, brakes, and general under rear. Once off the ground I noticed that if I held at 12 and 6 I could make it do a slight forward back movement. Is this normal. Also, once in the air I could hold at 3 and 9 and turning clock wise or counter clock wise I could move thew drive train about half and inch either direction, does this explain the above clank?