New here! 08' LTZ Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2008 Chevy Tahoe, LTZ. I purchased a little over two months after selling my 07' TBSS. I started missing having an SUV, so I begun searching for a Tahoe. I have tackled out a ton of the small things I have been wanting to get done so I can get to all the fun expensive things!

I started looking into drop kits as my TBSS came with a bell tech drop on it when I purchased it and I loved how it sat and rode! After speaking to the mechanic that I was going to have drop it, I want to gain a little bit more knowledge on the correct parts to buy to get it done right the first time! I was debating on buying the bell tech drop kit and use my stock stuts, and buying th performance ones later but worried about them bottoming out as the spring would be shorter plus the fact its double the pay in labor having it worked in twice. Let's just say in my head it was going to be an easy purchase and install and move onto wheels and tires, lmao.

I would appreciate any tips or tricks you guys can give me to make sure I am dropping this thing right the first time and not messing around having it in the shop more times then it should.

I would also love to see everywhere ones wheel and tire set up!

Thanks,

Brennan

Welcome!

"Take out back seat out for Tundra"?

I assume Tundra's a dog. Took out rear seats or third row or both? Also, one doesn't mention a pet without posting pics. Did you not read the forum rules when signing up? :deal: :p

OP
OP
Goodlife_chevy

Goodlife_chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome!

"Take out back seat out for Tundra"?

I assume Tundra's a dog. Took out rear seats or third row or both? Also, one doesn't mention a pet without posting pics. Did you not read the forum rules when signing up? :deal: :p
Hahah that’s too funny! Yeah I have a 7 year old German Shepard/ husky and he’s not too happy about how high the Tahoe is sitting right now. especially wasnt happy about the third row. Figured I’d keep it fresh for the next person. Being a single guy I doubt I’ll use it much. Tundra is the Shepard and Mahomes (I call him Jones) is my little dog

Attachments

• IMG_5996.jpeg
    IMG_5996.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5713.jpeg
    IMG_5713.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
Goodlife_chevy

Goodlife_chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.
Yes I will be! Hope to help as much as I can! Deleted my Facebook finally, mainly used it to talk to people in groups there but you always got those odd balls sometimes

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own a 2008 Chevy Tahoe, LTZ. I purchased a little over two months after selling my 07' TBSS. I started missing having an SUV, so I begun searching for a Tahoe. I have tackled out a ton of the small things I have been wanting to get done so I can get to all the fun expensive things!

I started looking into drop kits as my TBSS came with a bell tech drop on it when I purchased it and I loved how it sat and rode! After speaking to the mechanic that I was going to have drop it, I want to gain a little bit more knowledge on the correct parts to buy to get it done right the first time! I was debating on buying the bell tech drop kit and use my stock stuts, and buying th performance ones later but worried about them bottoming out as the spring would be shorter plus the fact its double the pay in labor having it worked in twice. Let's just say in my head it was going to be an easy purchase and install and move onto wheels and tires, lmao.

I would appreciate any tips or tricks you guys can give me to make sure I am dropping this thing right the first time and not messing around having it in the shop more times then it should.

I would also love to see everywhere ones wheel and tire set up!

Thanks,

Brennan
I took out my 3rd row 4+ years ago, and I've used them only once since then. My second row seats are always folded up, and I think that I've used them only 4 times since. My 2 White German Shepherds own the back of my truck, and they'll let you know if they think that you are infringing upon their space.

IMG_20190119_155020.jpgIMG_20190119_151729.jpg

IMG_20190119_151726.jpgPXL_20230703_212647772.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dev00

Latest posts