New Guy New OBS Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CO Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New guy from Colorado here. Bought my first Chevy truck 21 years ago and have had about 10 different ones since then. Currently own 2.

I have been lurking and reading everything as I drool over all the nice trucks on here for a while. My daily driver for myself and my wife and kids for the last 5 years has been a 90 K5 Blazer. 5.7 TBI 4 inch lift on 35's. I spent so much money keeping this roadworthy and its time for more repairs. I am lucky to have a wife that loves big trucks too and she drives it every day. So we decided this time to put the money in a new truck.

We found this and bought it a couple days ago. I'm really excited about it.

97 Tahoe. 5.7, 6 inch pro comp lift,3 inch body lift. 37x13.5 Dick Cepek tires on Dick Cepek wheels. Aftermarket bumper,grille and headlights. It needs a few repairs like front shocks and the front finders trimmed for more clearance. I have found answers to some problems here already just by reading the forums and im planning to post a few questions I need help with. The knowledge here is amazing and Im looking forward to learning everything I can about my new Tahoe .Thank you tahoeyukon forum.

Brian

97tahoefall3.jpg

97tahoefall.jpg

97tahoefall2.jpg

Here is my favorite picture of our old K5 that is getting relieved from duty.

k5insnow.jpg

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum nice rigs

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome and nice rigs!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Welcome buddy both rides are badass. I also had a couple k5s and they where nice. So any more mods for the hoe? Maybe aux lights mounted from a basket? Interior mods?

OP
OP
CO Tahoe

CO Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Welcome buddy both rides are badass. I also had a couple k5s and they where nice. So any more mods for the hoe? Maybe aux lights mounted from a basket? Interior mods?

Still trying to decide on everything I am going to do. I like your basket. It would be nice to get the spare 37 out of the back but its going to be hard as hell to get it up and down. Not sure about that one. I have off road lights in my front bumper that work but I need to figure out how to aim them. One goes down one goes sideways.

I have a CB I want to hide in the front compartment on the console. Hard part is going to be the antenna. I need to get some speakers in the rear somewhere too. It came with a nice stereo with remote control but only front door speakers.

It has remote start but the hood pin is broken, I want to get that working.

I'm planning on posting lots of pictures. :)

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome trucks...welcome to the site Bri

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GCL24

Latest posts