New guy from Louisiana, any ideas welcome.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rawlsy32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '09 Tahoe that i'm wanting to fix up just trying to get funds. Pretty clueless on fixing trucks up but i'm willing to give it a shot. Only thing i've done to it is put 5% tint on the windows and Tennessee Vols license plate on the front :D any input would be appreciated.

truck
54da6f55.jpg
rims i'm ordering next week
0e3d070f.jpg

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Kyle.

Those rims are going to look great on that Hoe!

Btw, is it a SSV tahoe or something similar?
I've seen these before ... red, no side moldings, and Yukon style rear spoiler and D pillars.
Or did you do those mods yourself? :think:

OP
OP
R

rawlsy32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It actually has panels but guess you can't really see it in that pic. It's an XFE edition I believe? Came basically fully loaded but in an LT package which is awesome instead of payin that LTZ price tag. Only thing I wish I had was factory 20's. Like I said earlier I don't know much about all the car talk so the last couple things you said had me confused haha. I've never seen a red Tahoe before so I had to get it!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, it's okay ... I didn't know most of this stuff either before I joined here. :)

Okay I really can't see the side door moldings on that pic ... Tahoe LTs usually have them just color matched and LTZ with a chrome strip like in my signature pic.

Also most Tahoes, no matter what trim, have the vertical moldings above the tail lights (D pillar) and the spoiler (where the 3rd brake light is) color matched to the rest of the truck.

The whole black D pillars and spoiler no matter the color of the truck look is how Yukons usually come.

Make sense?

OP
OP
R

rawlsy32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gotcha that time, yea I wanna say they are black on the back..and yea I guess imma have to catch up on the lingo to fit in around here or imma get run off. And you have to have lots of moolah also to get things done like you want haha

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, no running you off we promise. :)

And yes some stuff can be pricey ... but there is a lot of stuff you'd be surprised how little money it takes to achieve.

It's a fun trip. :Handshake:

OP
OP
R

rawlsy32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lol, no running you off we promise. :)

And yes some stuff can be pricey ... but there is a lot of stuff you'd be surprised how little money it takes to achieve.

It's a fun trip. :Handshake:

But knowing how to install it is a whole different ballgame :D it's kinda overwhelming right now but i'll get used to this site sooner or later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris